dyno tuning or ..............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dyno tuning or ..............

i dont know with the price for dyno tuning i could get headers, or a cat-back, or .......................suggestions

p.s. how much can i pick up with dyno tuning?

also only one place i called can do it, can it be done for my car, i was told it is better than having it done by ed wright or anyhting like taht becuase they can be more precise with dynoing
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

anyone?
    1994 firebird formula

Comment

My understanding is you won't gain much from tuning with the mods you have. The advice I was given, though it is an LS1, was that tuning was not needed until I do headers and or cam. I think your money would be best spent on the cat-back and LTs.
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Sent you a PM. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
        Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

With the limited mods you have, it is not worth it. As explained in an earlier post on "tuning", the mail-order guys can pick up about 15HP over the stock LT1 tune by leaning out the overly rich "power enrichment mode" target A/F ratios. A "dyno" tune isn't going to pick up much, if any more than that on what it a relatively stock setup. Dyno tuning is more appropriate when you step up to heads and cam.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

i dont understand how this works, the Z28 one is talking about using cables and stuff, but it is cheap, will i pick up hp?
            1994 firebird formula

Comment

Working...
            X