F Body for the taller than average

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F Body for the taller than average

Hey all. I am new here so go easy on me!

I love the F-bodys! I would love to have a Camaro or a Firebird. thinking of probably a 350 so i can races thoes dumb kids that think their honda civics and integras are the fastest thing around! i know a lawn mower from canadian tire can do it! there is one slight problem though, i am very tall. I am 6'7, and have always had a hard time finding cars that i can fit into. so, the question is, can i fit into the f-body's???

Thanks a lot guys!

If you get a T-top car or better yet a convertable you shouldn't have too much trouble.
    '95 Formula A4, 17"x9" wheels, F1 275/40-ZR17, TB bypass, 160 deg. TS, LS1 drive shaft, WS6 muffler, LCA, tie rod Soon to be LT4 heads intake and HOT cam.

Comment

LOL. I'm 6'0" and I found the t-top cars to have more head room than the non t-top cars. "max headroom" I knew a guy who had a LT1 Z28 (don't know what year except it had salid shooters on it) and he was like 6'6" or 6'7". He just had the seat reclined a little more. Sort of like an F16.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Just remove the drivers seat and sit in the back.

These cars have alot of leg room, but I'd recommend simply going for a test drive in a t-top car to see how it feels.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

im 6'4 and i put the seat a little bit short of all the way back, as for head room, just lean the seat back a lil more, im sure your arms are long enough to make up for the difference. go to a dealer, test drive one, youll find out from that.
          -ken-
          ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Comment

Try to get in a new Vette. You have to be a gymnast to get in and out of one of those things.

96 TA Sold!
            87 TA Sold!
            80 Z28 Sold!
            74 Formula Sold!
            73 Z28 Sold!
            69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Originally posted by Mirroredshades
              Try to get in a new Vette. You have to be a gymnast to get in and out of one of those things.
              Unfortunately, most of the best gymnasts are not old enough to drive!
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Couldnt you just lay your head on either shoulder? Well, maybe if it was someother type of car... i think your going to love driving the f-body too much, and keeping you head in that position for extended amounts of driving time is probably not the best idea. But, im 6'2 and i fit w/out having the seat all the way back...
                Originally posted by Ken(Bone Breakin Chevy)
                go to a dealer, test drive one, youll find out from that.
                99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

just do like yao ming..bolt the seat farther back..serioulsy thats what he does

Comment

You think the Vette is bad... Try the Honda S2000!!!! I tried to get into one when I was at a dealership. Head room was fine because it was a vert... But that was the only way that I had room. I am 6'5" 250pounds!!! I managed to get into it, but I couldnt shut the door because my leg was in the way. And even if I could shut the door, I wouldnt have been able to start the car. My leg was up against the ignition!!!! I wouldnt have been able to put the key in!!! hahahaha Why would someone actually risk there lives by driving a car that small. I am driving a 1993 Cavalier right now, and that is the ABSOLUTE SMALLEST car that I would drive.
                    No F-Body right now

Comment

well, at least you ll see the nose of the car
                      I can see only the headlights when they are up and I am 183 cm tall
                      93 t/a A4 3.23s
                      95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                      99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                      99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                      97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                      93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                      00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

183cm?? ok...anyway, I'm 6'5" and I fit fine in mine, but I always though if I were any taller, it wouldn't work. But I could't imagine being without a Trans Am, so I would cram. I always wondered if there was a way to install longer tracks for your seat to slide on to go farther back??
                        95 Trans am-3.73 posi, 1.6 rollers, cold air induc. flowmaster, no cat.'s, power programmer w/ 160 degree stat, torque arm, bbk underdrive pulley, 52mm throttle body.

Comment

If you had the money or you were planing on do lots of racing.... You could get a racing seat and mount it as low as possible. The racing seat probably going to be thiner than the stock seat so you could get a few extra inches out of the ceiling. Plus like WS6 freak said, you could also mount the seat further back increasing leg room.
                          No F-Body right now

Comment

Working...
                          X