Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about my rearend.

Do these pants make me look fat....J/k

I found a shop here in town that will change out my ring and pinion, for $300 if I supply the parts. So I was going to order the parts online tonight. Anyone recommend a web-site. Im looking at racenet.net and thunderracing.com. I was just

needing to make sure of my specs first.
    1993 TA A4
    3.23 gears?
    2 series carrier?
    GM 7.5" 10 bolt rear end?
    posi-track

Do these seem right?

My next question is what parts do I neeed to look for in an instalation kit. Thunder Racing looks like they have good instalation kits.

I also remember yall mentioning something about a certian type of lube yall recomended. Red-line or something like that?

Thanks for all the info
    Cade
    93 Trans Am; Hooker Cat-back;
    Moroso cia; more to
    come...hopefully!

http://www.lgmotorsports.com
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

300 is a good price. Expect around 250 or so for the gears and install kit. Make sure you look into programming to fix the innacurate speedo youre gonna have
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

You appear to have a "?" next to the 3.23 gears.... you need to verify using the RPO codes which gears you have in the car. The 2.73's came with a 2-series carrier. Pretty sure the 3.23's come with a 3-series.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X