HELP MY TA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP MY TA

If anyone has any ideas about what might be wrong please inlighten me. My 86 trans am 305 tpi runs like s@#$. When i floor it, the motor loses rpms and kinda sputters til I let off the gas. The it will run real rough, kinda like its runnin on 7 cylinders. I replaced the plugs, wires, cap and rotor, egr valve, I am at a loss, pullin my hair out trying to figure it out. I do have some vaccume lines that are in bad shape. Any help you can give is appriciated.

Is the check engine light on? If so, what codes?
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

help my forum!!!!!!!!!

(typing in all caps is against the rules).

thanks.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

sorry about the caps.

No the check engine light is not on thats the thing, if it was i could get the codes and be able to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by jarheadTA
          sorry about the caps.

No the check engine light is not on thats the thing, if it was i could get the codes and be able to fix it.
          coil?

and..a bad vacum leak can cause serious stumbling.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

yea , i thought about replacing the coil with a super coil. I kinda want to know what the problem is though. How do i know which vaccume line in need. There are two hoses comming from the intake that are collapsed. But it doesn't make much difference if those line are plugged or open.

Comment

How about the hose to the fuel pressure regulator?
              96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
              11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Just because the SES light is not on, it doesn't mean there are no codes present. Some codes don't turn on the light. It might be worth it to check for any "stored" codes.

Are the vacuum lines connected at both ends? Have you checked them against the vacuum line/emissions sticker on the radiator support? What do you mean by "collapsed"?

Is it a speed-density or an MAF car?
                Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

If I remember, GM was still chucking carbs on F-bods in '86 - could a gunked up quadrajet be your prob?.

Comment

He said its a " 305 tpi".
                    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

The hose to the fuel pres reg is in pretty bad shape. What i mean by collapsed is, when the vaccum tries to go through the line, the hose is so weak that it collapses, same as if you just plugged the vaccum port.

Comment

dont u think that maybe that could be your problem? get a run of hose and get that fixed also fix any other hoses while ur at it

Comment

Working...
                        X