Help: CD Player won't eject!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: CD Player won't eject!

My Monsoon Stereo in my 1998 Trans Am works fine. Tuner working great.

The Eject/Pay buttons will not respond and either play or eject the CD. I also get this "E 22" reading on the display.

I appreciate any advice. I was thinking about stopping by the dealership if I can't pry the CD out and see if it will repsond anymore.
    Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

E22 doesn't look good. I had an error on mine though a while ago when it was really humid. Can't remember the # but once the AC got rid of the humidity it worked again.

Here's what I found on another Forum

CD Errors
    E20 : Focus Error Cause(s): The CD player cannot focus on the disc or there is an internal focus problem. Correction(s): Try cleaning the disc or using a new disc. Make sure the disc is loaded correctly. The road could be too rough or there is too much humidity. If the problem is not corrected, service the unit at an ACDelcoŽ Service Center.
    E21 : Tracking Error Cause(s): There is a problem with reading the disc Correction(s): Try cleaning the disc or using a new disc. Make sure the disc is loaded correctly. The road could be too rough or there is too much humidity. If there is still an error, service the unit at an ACDelcoŽ Service Center.
    E22 : Motor Error Cause(s): The CD motor is not handling the compact disc properly. Correction(s): Service or exchange the unit at an ACDelcoŽ Service Center.
    E23 : Communications Error Cause(s): There is a vehicle/radio communication problem or an internal radio communication problem. Correction(s): Disconnect battery voltage to the radio and then reconnect after a few minutes. If there is still an error, send the unit to an ACDelcoŽ Service Center.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

The CD in my Delco/Bose radio stopped working once. I was able to open the radio and remove the entire player portion of the unit in 1 piece. I sent it to a repair shop in Florida via UPS and in a week I had it back completely rebuilt for $60 plus shipping. I reassembled the radio and it has worked perfectly since.

It sounds like you may need to do something similar.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
      X