No announcement yet.

Optispark decision

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think the autozone unit is complete with the cap and rotor. Thats another 100 bucks.

Call Sal at the number listed above. I just bought one for 195 plus 13 bucks for a new vacuum harness. Its probably worht the extra 75 bucks for a new GM unit.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

i have a 94 lt-1. is the guys name sal or dal it says both. what is the price for the 94 it seems like it is always more?
      1994 Trans Am GT
      http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/208684/1
      Ram Air hood and airbox
      headers
      exhaust
      lowered 2"
      underdrive pully
      sloted rotors
      electric water pump
      air foil
      denso plugs
      taylor wires
      tinted windows
      eagle rims
      2000 watt stereo

Comment

Typo...oops its Dal (pronounced Dale). Call him up....he says he sells 25 optis a week!
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

Originally posted by rufrider76
          i have a 94 lt-1. is the guys name sal or dal it says both. what is the price for the 94 it seems like it is always more?
          Vented opti= $189
          non vented (yours) = $289

Sorry broh, two different parts. You can change over to the vented style, but you'll have to replace the front cover and seals as well. The whole bill comes to about what you would pay for a non vented opti. Either way it's gonna cost ya.

Comment

One thing I learned from Dal, i thought id pass it along. He told me I needed to change the vacuum harness as well as the opti, because this is the CAUSE of the failure. There is a filter in there and a valve that gets clogged up and then the opti cant be vented properly.......he said guys have gone through several optis right in a row and this turned ou to be the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
              One thing I learned from Dal, i thought id pass it along. He told me I needed to change the vacuum harness as well as the opti, because this is the CAUSE of the failure. There is a filter in there and a valve that gets clogged up and then the opti cant be vented properly.......he said guys have gone through several optis right in a row and this turned ou to be the problem.
              I've had mine apart a couple of times and never found a filter. I have blown air though the lines just in case.

Comment

Ive never looked, but thats what he told me. He could be full of it for all I know.....I know that there are little blue connectors in the vacuum harness. COuld they be the filter or check valves?

Comment

this filter is on the vented opti correct
                  1994 Trans Am GT
                  http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/208684/1
                  Ram Air hood and airbox
                  headers
                  exhaust
                  lowered 2"
                  underdrive pully
                  sloted rotors
                  electric water pump
                  air foil