SS SLP edition question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS SLP edition question

Im going to look at one i found on ebay this weekend, is there any code or any thing that i can check for to see if its authentic ??? because i know you can buy the slp emblems and ive heard that alot of the ones people sell as slp cars infact are not. thanx in advance guys.
    -Nick-
    95 A4 Z28

I think there is an option on the drivers door in the codes im not sure what it is for the SS but on my WS6 the 4th 5th and 6th codes in the first row are WS6. maybe one of the guys on here with a SS could check thiers for you. good luck

99 T/A WS-6
    SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
    2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
    88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

I know that WU8 is the code for the 96-97 SS but am not 100% sure of the 98+. There also should be another sticker on the door that says the car has been modified by SLP with a little other info. On my car there was also a SLP sticker on the fan cover in the engine bay, so check there. Hope this helped.
      97 SS #C007
      Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
      SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

i have a 99 ss and here are some ways u can tell.wu8 code on driver door.checck wheel size on door(ss only came w/17in.)if its 16in. then its fake.get vin # and call dealer and ask how much the hood costs, if its around $1500.00 then its a SS cuz z28 hood is around 800.00 or better yet get a carfax its worth it!I found out iwas the second owner on mine,never been in accident,and it tells you what miles it had every time it was sold.the slp tag on pass. door isnt on all SS cars cuz mine aint.

RIBBET RIBBET

Comment

i know its an ss ... i just want to see if its really the SLP eddition, because you can buy the slp emblems from slp and put them on and put on the exaust and say it is one. thats what im trying to find out. sry if i was confusing before..
          -Nick-
          95 A4 Z28

Comment

WU8 rpo code indicates an authentic SS, and the Y2Y rpo code indicates an authentic SLP optioned vehicle.

What year is the SS?

Here is a pretty informative link:

http://camarossworld.com/FAQ/Camaro%20SS%20FAQs/#S1.5

Comment

its a 2000, thanks
              -Nick-
              95 A4 Z28

Comment

Nick,

What about calling SLP (248) 288-3066 and supplying your VIN number. SLP should then be able to verify the authenticity as well as what additional Otions, if any, they installed above what a base Camaro SS or Firehawk came with. Good luck

Eric

Comment

Working...
                X