Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from London!

Hi everyone!

I am here in London right now. Made it in safe and sound, and I think I am now pretty well adjusted to the time change. The flight over was pretty incredible as it was a super clear night all the way from Chicago to just east of Toronto... this meant spectacular views of Chicago on takeoff, as well as Detroit and Toronto from 37,000 feet! I flew on a Boeing 777, with TVs in every headrest, and a detailed flight map which pointed out points of interest along the way. It also displayed groundspeed... for a while over the ocean, we were cruising at 680 mph !!!!

London is a lot of fun. Pubs, restaurants, clubs, and shops on EVERY corner -- it is just a flurry of activity. I have also seen two Lamborghinis so far - one Gallardo and one Murcielago...

Today we went to the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club (WImbledon) and toured the grounds. Later tonight, I am headed to see "Les Mis" at the Queens Theatre.

Lots of fun so far

Take care.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Cheers Mate!

96 TA Sold!
    87 TA Sold!
    80 Z28 Sold!
    74 Formula Sold!
    73 Z28 Sold!
    69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Re: Greetings from London!

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6

I flew on a Boeing 777, with TVs in every headrest, and a detailed flight map which pointed out points of interest along the way. It also displayed groundspeed... for a while over the ocean, we were cruising at 680 mph !!!!
      Hey did that TV show live TV or was it playing a tape of something?
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Have a pint for me, broh!

Comment

Drink a cold Guinness for me as well!

BTW, how do the English women look?

Comment

Quote- Today we went to the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club (WImbledon) and toured the grounds. Later tonight, I am headed to see "Les Mis" at the Queens Theatre.

"There's only one man I know that could lift that carriage.... Jean Val Jean!!"

He He. Have fun.

P.S. For anyone who doesn't know, that is a famous quote from Les Mis. It's bringing back old memories of French class and my crazy teacher. He He.
            1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
            Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
            Trans: TH700R4
            Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA

BTW, how do the English women look?
              This isn't serious, right? hehehe... on average, not an extremely attractive country, lol...
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Re: Re: Greetings from London!

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                Hey did that TV show live TV or was it playing a tape of something?
                There were a couple different things you could watch... a couple movies and CBS had a satellite feed as well, but I am not sure if anything was live except the flight map.

Comment

"Les Mis" was quite an impressive performance... by far my favorite play that I have ever seen. Today, we toured the Houses of Parliament, both the Commons and the Lords... the amount of money spent on the Royalty is unbelievable! The Queen's Throne in the House of Lords is ENORMOUS and much of it is solid gold. Afterwards, we took a trip up the ClockTower right as Big Ben was chiming -- LOUD!!!! Great view of London from up there.

Tonight, one of the guys on the trip is turning 21 -- doesn't really mean much here, but we're gonna celebrate anyways

Tomorrow, it's up north to Cambridge... later guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                    This isn't serious, right? hehehe... on average, not an extremely attractive country, lol...
                    Yeah I was just kidding around!

I've seen the grilles on some of the women over there!

Comment

Well, I was just in England a couple weeks ago, and I thought the girls were pretty. But, of course, I live in Wisconsin where fat chicks rule!

Comment

Working...
                      X