My friend's Neon sedan destroyed a WS6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend's Neon sedan destroyed a WS6

Yep, you read right. Last night my friend DESTROYED a 2000 WS6 with his lightly modded 95 4-door dodge neon. The WS6 was putting down 422rwhp and ran a 12.4 (or so he told me).

How? Well my friend was testing his WOT or something on a long, straight road. There is a huge bump in the road that everyone knows about, and he must have misjudged it. He bounced over it and lost control of the car, swerved back and forth a few times, and almost hit a tree. Unfortunately, he ended up hitting the WS6... "DESTROYING" both of the cars.

The WS6 was parked on the side of the road and was actually spun around 180 degrees from the impact. The whole rear end of the car was pushed up and totally demolished. The car will be totalled I'm 99% sure..

The neon was HORRIBLY killed.. all 4 windows shattered, windshield shattered and collapsed, bags popped, whole drivers side of the car is pushed in at least 12 inches with a collapsed B-pillar. The driver side control arm also snapped. After hitting the WS6, my friend somehow went past it and almost hit a huge tree stump. He stopped about 4 feet from a house, on their front lawn. The police officer told me that if he hit the stump he definitely would have flipped, probably would have picked up a little speed, and hit the house. He is lucky to be alive! The interior is full of blood as is, from glass and the airbag's impact. No one was too seriously injured, and I think a lot of people learned a valuable lesson. I don't drive like that, by the way.

Witnesses say he was FLYING, several estimated his speed to be about 80mph at the time of impact.. He had 2 passengers. One said that he was at 80mph shortly before hitting.. Another says around 60mph, but he wasnt looking. The driver didn't really know.. The speed limit on that road is 25mph. I'm assuming his liscence could be taken away.. is that possible?

I'm going to try to get pics of the neon, maybe tomorrow. I doubt I'll be able to get any of the T/A.

-Dean
    Working on the 80 Camaro Z28 ..
    Now driving a '90 Talon TSi AWD Turbo...

Oh and on a lighter note, the T/A was pushed into a road sign that bent and ended up sticking into/through the car. It was a "SLOW" sign. I had to smirk when I saw that.

Comment

So your friend was reckless in his POS Neon going 35-55 over the limit and totaled some guys WS6. Not too cool in my book - you need a better class of friends. If that was my car, he wouldn't still be alive, and if I saw you laughing about it, you wouldn't be either.

Comment

Posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA

So your friend was reckless in his POS Neon going 35-55 over the limit and totaled some guys WS6. Not too cool in my book - you need a better class of friends. If that was my car, he wouldn't still be alive, and if I saw you laughing about it, you wouldn't be either.
        Seriously... Thats very not cool. Someone hit my car... not that sever, but he ran. I came out of class one day, saw it, i was SO PISSED. I couldnt imaging if it was totalled. So im looking for a new front bumper and passanger sider front fender.
        99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
          Uhhh.. Who said anyone was laughing about it?
          Who said it was cool?

We were all concerned for the health of the guys in the car, I ended up sitting in the emergency room with my girlfriend for about 3 hours that night.

And the guy who owned the WS6 didn't even care very much. He had it fully insured and he said he was trying to sell it anyway. He's the one who pointed out the "SLOW" sign on the car.

I just thought I'd share the story; I don't see how I should be criticized for what my friends do. I've never been in an accident. I've never even gotten a ticket.

-Dean

Comment

Originally posted by Dean80Z28
            Uhhh.. Who said anyone was laughing about it?
            Who said it was cool?-Dean
            Originally posted by Dean80Z28
            Oh and on a lighter note, the T/A was pushed into a road sign that bent and ended up sticking into/through the car.I had to smirk when I saw that.

-Dean
            OK, not your words then?

Comment

I think that Dean was trying to point out the irony of a fast car parked on the side of the road taking out a slow sign due to someone else's poor judgement. At least that's the way I took it. I didn't see it as a stab at either the car or the driver. I suppose one could take it either way due to Dean not elaborating on the smirk comment.

Comment

Joe is correct. I only thought it was ironic that it was a SLOW sign right on top of one of the fastest cars in our town. And like I said, the WS6 owner pointed that out to me and he was laughing about it. I guess insurance is the real hero of the day

Comment

With all due respect, I still don't see the point of posting this kind of story on an f-body forum.

That is sort of like posting that your best friend cheated on his wife on a women's rights movement message forum.

Comment

YUP! Your friend can kiss his license goodbye for a while!
                    BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR anti-ways, Adj. Panhard Rod, Powerslot rotors with Racing pads, Eibach Pro Springs, Ravin with 3"tips, Italia Riva Rims,Indiglo Gauges,Kenny Brown Diamond sfc,Ram Air hood and induction

Comment

Dodge Neon + "lightly modded" + 60 mph over the speed limit + "testing his WOT" = RICER.

I'll be glad to have him off the road for a while.
                      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I just thought it was a crazy story and figured I'd share. I'm not saying it was a good thing that it happened or that the situation is funny. I really don't even know why he was driving that fast, and I don't think it was right to be doing it.

I just thought it sucked to have my friend crash his car, and it had to be a WS6 that he hit, out of all the crappy cars on that street..

So maybe there was no absolute POINT for me to post this story. It's just a story. Sorry if you don't like it, but it happened, and its over and done with now.

-Dean

Comment

Crash forum

Here's what my son did with my pick-up into my car! Car was parked in driveway and he backed into it. You cann't kill your own? Insurance will pay 100% I get new fender and a bunch of other parts. It was needing a new nose from rock chips. It is just a car? isn't it? After a couple of weeks the pain starts to go away. I pick up car this week.
                          96TA

Comment

Ah man, that sucks! Do you know how much they estimated the damage to be?

Comment

Wrecking the car on the side of the road is bad, but racing or driving fast in a residential area is beyond bad judgement. The 25mph posted speed limit is there for a reason...there are kids, pedestrians, pets, and people's property all along the side of the road. If it was up to me, this guy would never be licensed to drive a car again...period!!! If somebody hit my car, house, fence, etc...I would be upset but civil. If somebody injured or killed my child, their life would be in jeopardy...seriously...I would probably kill the driver. There is no room for that kind of recklessness in a residential area. I seriously hope states pass tough laws that ban licensing of people who do this sort of thing...it is coming!
                              '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                              '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                              '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                              '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                              '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                              My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X