Ram Air V6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Air V6

A friend wants to know if it is worth Ram Airing her 3800 V6. Would you have to change the maf or will the computer take the new air flow into account.

Thanks in advance folks.
    BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR anti-ways, Adj. Panhard Rod, Powerslot rotors with Racing pads, Eibach Pro Springs, Ravin with 3"tips, Italia Riva Rims,Indiglo Gauges,Kenny Brown Diamond sfc,Ram Air hood and induction

It aint worth it unless its free.

Comment

Well what makes it not worth it? Would it not give better performance. Better throttle response? Folks we are not comparing v8's here. Not everyone is into the V8 thing(don't see why but whatever) She's just looking to add a little. So with that in mind...
      BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR anti-ways, Adj. Panhard Rod, Powerslot rotors with Racing pads, Eibach Pro Springs, Ravin with 3"tips, Italia Riva Rims,Indiglo Gauges,Kenny Brown Diamond sfc,Ram Air hood and induction

Comment

Re: Ram Air V6

Originally posted by bluejs75
        A friend wants to know if it is worth Ram Airing her 3800 V6. Would you have to change the maf or will the computer take the new air flow into account.

Thanks in advance folks.
        Yes, the MAF will take the new airflow into account. The ramair hood and airbox will be a direct bolt on for a firebird. Is this a Camaro or Firebird? The camaro SS hood and intake box will not just bolt up to a V6, though.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Well, as a V6 driver, I would say it wouldn't be worth buying an SS hood or anything. That would be a little overboard IMHO. But....there are those cold air kits that route air from down by the air dam where it is cooler. They are supposed to add like 15hp or something, and I would imagine they would improve to fuel economy as well. They can be had from tbyrnemotorsports.com and I think SLP sells them as well.
          If she wanted to buy the hood just for the looks and didn't mind shelling out the bucks, then what the heck, go for it and might as well put the air box on there as well. I just wouldn't want to look like I was trying to make my V6 look like an SS, is why I wouldn't do it. Plus I think the cold air kits are supposed to give better performance anyway?
          And don't expect a good, straight answer from alot of the guys on here about modding V6's, we V6 owners get crapped on more than pampers. Oh well...one of these days when I can afford an LS1.........

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. We appreciate it.

Todd, if anyone can afford a V8, she could. I'm sure the garage that the V6 sits in over night, and what's attached to it, is would be the envy of quite a few V8's.

Guess it comes down to just what ya feel like havin!

Comment

She has a Firebird TraceZ and thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X