3rd and 4th gen exhaust swap?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd and 4th gen exhaust swap?

Do 3rd and 4th gen muffler and tailpipes intechange? I'm not talking about the cat back, merely the rear section. Anyone ever tried this?

next time I'm out my my shop, I'll take a picture of my 3rd gen that is in the same shape as my '93. That should suffice in showing you if they are interchangeable. Your just talking about where it goes over the rear end and goes into that 1-into-2 muffler thingy, right?

BTW, my '93:
    my car:
    '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
    check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

Joe, common sense would tell me they should be interchangeable, but I believe companies like borla that sell the rear sections have different part #'s for the 3rd and 4th gens. I'm not sure on that though, maybe something you can check on. If they're the same, all should be the same.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

My brother just took his off his third gen and put it onto his girlfriends 97 with no problems, I would image you could go the other way around.
        Chris

1991 Camaro 3.1 V6 pretty much stock

http://www.cardomain.com/id/clwilson

Comment

This would be great..... the muffler and tailpipes on the 87 WS6 are pretty crappy. I have a muffler back in storage from my 97 WS6 that is in perfect shape so i was hoping someone had swapped something similar before I go digging it out.
          Thanks guys.

Oh, a pic would be great!

Comment

Working...
          X