NFB - Dobbins Air show pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pics.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Very sweet.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Man... I wanted to get up there for the show, but couldn't find the time. The Blue Angels are quite amazing...
        1996 Camaro- L36, 5 spd, intake, Pacesetter headers, Flowmaster 80 series

My name is George, and I am an audiophile.

Anyone interested in an Xtant X603 multi-channel amp? Let me know...

Comment

Really cool!

I used to attend the Dayton International Airshow Every Year. Man those were the days. My dad is a retired F-4C/D PhantomII and F-16 A/B Fighting Falcon Crewchief. He would always get me these squadron patches from different units. the last Airshow I went to was at Osan AFB in Korea. They had the A-10 AardvarkIIs (Warthogs) flying around doing a simulated rescue of a downed pilot (Close Air Support). They then had USAF PJs come in what appeared to be an HH-60 picking him up. Pretty cool. The Russian Aircraft are really cool to watch if you get a chance. They tend to be a little too daring though. The Blue Angels tend to be a cool show as well as the Thunderbirds. Nice pics man!
          Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

Comment

very nice! I wanted so bad to go there. I shoot aviation photos and put them on airliners.net and my friend Paul from Nashville went there and shot a bunch of pics & is putting them on airliners.net. I really wanted to go though. But i had to work.

He told me also that the Delta 75th anniversary 767 was on display. Damn!

What kind of camera did you use? i use a D30......

BTW, here are my Blue Angels shots from last year:

Blue Angels
            Bruce
            01 Camaro

Comment

I use a Canon digital Rebel. 6.3 mega pixel. I got it for Christmas. I have been using a Canon EOS Élan for years. Basically the same but digital. I was for it to drop below the $1000 mark to buy one. It's so nice to be able to bracket a picture then come in and see the results right then and there not having to wait for it to be developed. I hate developing. They have lightened my pictures so many times and screwed them up. I love the camera. Canon makes the best digital SLR.

I was experimenting with shutter speeds there. I learn something every time I go. Next time I will run a much faster shutter on the jets when they get in the air. I like the slower shutter speed when they are taking off though. I like the blurred background like this one. http://www.claire-marie.net/106_0682.JPG . But I'm disappointed that the shutter wasn't set faster for the Blue Angels after they were airborne. The images aren't that crisp. Oh well. Live and learn.

Oh and your pictures are good too.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Awesome pics, I saved them all.

"The great American Airshow" is coming to Westover AFB in Mass this August.

I'm going to rent a piper warrior for the day and fly there. Should be a good time - weather permitting! It's going to be cool to fly in too, beat the traffic.. Also not to mention maybe seeing a few fighters in the air. I should try to fly formation with them.. hahahahaa..
                99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

That would be a blast JeffM.

Hey did I tell you I got to fly in a Pitts S2B with the Coca-Cola/Holiday Inn aerobatic team? I won it on the radio. We got to do barrel rolls, loops, hammer heads, formation flying, etc. It was way past cool. We pulled 4.5 Gs. Not much but you could feel it. I was amazed at how much the plane moved up from the thermal of the runway.
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Dude, that's awesome!!! What a win!! I'd take that over money!!

Any pics/vids??

I am going for my aerobatic/high perf rating probably for next summer. I NEED to fly an Extra 300.
                    99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
                      Dude, that's awesome!!! What a win!! I'd take that over money!!

Any pics/vids??

I am going for my aerobatic/high perf rating probably for next summer. I NEED to fly an Extra 300.
                      No pics. Just memories. I have a picture of tha plane at home.

"Extra 300" A Patty Wagstaff special.

I know there is a high perfromace school in Sarasota Fla. That's down near Joe.

There is a company here in Atlanta that flies T6 Texans out of Charlie Brown (Fulton county airport). It's an air combat flight. Fly against someone else and try to shoot them down. They use lasers and smoke systems to simulate hits.

Comment

An Airshow I won't forget for a long time is the Willowrun warbird show last year in the Detriot area. By Metro. They had the largest collection of flyable planes I had ever seen! A P38, a few P51,s Corsairs, 4 B17s, 1 B24 a couple B25s a Bristish Lancaster, a couple Jap Zeros, C47, P47 and a couple sky raiders. Chuck Yeager and a few famous WW2 persons where there. I was an awesome show. On permanant display is a few F100 series fighter a B52 a B17 a C47 a B25 and a few others. Here are a couple pics of just a few aircraft there.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-bs, 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, tierod, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Cool! I love the P38 and the P51. My father-in-law flew F6F Hellcats.

I heard something about a WWII bomber that was landing last week and the landing gear buckled. I'm not sure what it was but the guy who was telling me this said it was the only one of it's kind that was still flying. I know there was only 1 B29 still flying. It was "Fi Fi".

Comment

Working...
                          X