Advantages or disadvantages of 93

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantages or disadvantages of 93

Ok, my car is different from a lot of the other LT1s 94 and up. I have a non-vented opti spark (so does the 94). I don't have a MAF. My fuel rails won't fit the LT4 intake. I think my transmission is different from the 4L60s (it's automatic). I can't buy a programmer for my car, all they have are chips. Are all of these things bad things? If they are bad, then could somebody name off some of the advantages of having a 93. (if there are any). Thanks.
    1993 Formula - 99k
    Throttle body bypass, K&N FIPK II, SLP Loudmouth, Mad Z28 Chip, 3.73 motives, TPI airfoil, Spohn LCA relocation brackets, Fuddle 3200 Stall, B&M Supercooler, LS1 driveshaft, and chrome ZR1's 17"/9.5" and 17/11" in the back!!!

well if the firebirds are just like the 93 camaro's then heres a really good link to a thread :

1993 camaro info

this pretty much covers everything.
    93 camaro Z28, A4 auto
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503401

"he who hesitates is lost."

Comment

As im getting more into preformance parts... im realising that its pretty hard to find specific items for the 93 LT1. Im really looking hard to find a programmer, but most of them are 94-97... Im not sure if they just forgot about 93, or if it is compatable with a 93? I dont see why it wouldnt, isnt it basically the same?

Another problem is finding all the yellow pieces for the interior of the 93 camaro... all the other years have white! Im not sure if T/A have the same problem.

Do you know if the LT4 has a problem going into the 93 camaro also?
      99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

xxRillixx, you cannot use a programmer for 93 f-bodies. They are different than the '94-'97, as you would need to buy a chip to change the programming. '94-'97 chips are soldered in, so they are not removable.

blackfire93, to clarify, your transmission is a 4L60, which is nearly the same thing as the 700-4R. In '94 and beyond, they got the electronic version of the 4L60, which is the 4L60E. With this tranny, you can firm up shifts, etc. with a programmer - because it is all controlled by the PCM.
        Also, I have good news for you....the '93s have an advantage in terms of horsepower gains due to leaning out the air/fuel mixture. If you get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and lean our the mixture a bit (not too much though), then you will typically see a gain of 15 horsepower. If you try this on a '94-'97, you will gain ~15 horsepower for a few cycles, then the computer will compensate and negate any benefits. So you would have to internally reprogram it, for it to work on '94+ models.
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
        X