Supercharger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercharger

I was looking on RKSport.com and noticed a powerdyne supercharger for the 3800, but they had no numbers. What gains are expected from this? Also if i decided to buy this supercharger would i have to upgrade my fuel system or engine internals?? Thank You for your help.

I don't think it would be MANDATORY, but it would be pretty recommended if you upgraded the fuel and put a little lower compression pistons in there. Pistons are optional as to how much boost it runs.
    my car:
    '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
    check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

Has anyone ever attempted putting a GTP supercharger on the F-Body V6s? I believe the lower intakes are the same on the L36/L67 (not positive), so would the upper intake and S/C bolt on? I could see hood clearance being an issue as well as an intake location.. And then there is the computer modifications. And I realize its not a great supercharger, but I've seen some wicked times from GTPs with slight modifications & the stock S/C...

Its just a thought I've been kicking around in my head... for a few years...
      1996 Camaro- L36, 5 spd, intake, Pacesetter headers, Flowmaster 80 series

My name is George, and I am an audiophile.

Anyone interested in an Xtant X603 multi-channel amp? Let me know...

Comment

That was my second question. I also wonder if the GTP s/c would work in the camaro. Does anyone know?

Comment

Also after searching i cant find any pistons for the 3800 with a lower compression.

Comment

the GTP may use different internals, perhaps lower compression pistons. I believe the blocks are the same, maybe you could check out performance GTP sites to see if they offer lower compression pistons.
            1996 Camaro- L36, 5 spd, intake, Pacesetter headers, Flowmaster 80 series

My name is George, and I am an audiophile.

Anyone interested in an Xtant X603 multi-channel amp? Let me know...

Comment

The GTP Super Charger will not fit on the F-bod because the windshield and dash are in the way. It would be possible theoretically but it'd need a custom hood dash and windshield. In other words ALOT of fabrication . Not an easy bolt on unfortunately.........Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Originally posted by 01V6
                Also after searching i cant find any pistons for the 3800 with a lower compression.
                you could always have JE make a custom set
                my car:
                '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
                check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

Working...
                X