ABS Resistor size?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS Resistor size?

I need to find the resistor size needed to negate my ABS INOP light that results from not having ABS hooked up on my Moser 9".

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

I was searching the LT1 Edit archives because I remember this back when some members were installing Ford 9" rear ends and were trying to get the light to go out. I can't find it there, but I can look through all the printed stuff I have to see if it's there. I'll email you if I find it - but you might have better luck than me searching the archived - ro maybe post at Z28.com's advanced tech forum. Good luck finding it.

Comment

Yah I've tried a few times on the Z28.com board search function...tried many different iterations on the terms...I keep coming up with people using LED lights on the wing and how to put in a inline relay to fix their problem...doesnt help me ONE bit...LOL.

What I thought about doing is using my multi-meter and seeing what the ohm reading is going across the points and finding a matching resistor....or I could just cut off the pig tails and solder the wires together...LOL.

I'd rather not do the later of course...

I would appreciate it if you can help me!!!

Thanks broh

KnightFire
      1993 Formula Firebird
      Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

I can't find it - Sorry !!! I might look in the Helms manual and see if there are any clues in there.

Comment

Just thinking out loud, I would think it is more than a matter of "resistance". The ABS computer is looking for a pulse signal from the sensor. If it doesn't see that pulse when it is supposed to (all the other wheels turning) it will light the ABS INOP light. I know with my 12-bolt, the Strange sensor (different than the stock sensor) was extremely hard to adjust - spacing from the gear. If the spacing wasn't correct, the ABS INOP light came on.

Pull the inst panel and remove the bulb????
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
          X