No announcement yet.

NFB - Nick Berg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started wathing the vid, but couldnt do it. I shut it off before they touched him. I'll try again later. This is really upsetting.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I can't watch it. I won't watch it. It will give me night mares. Besides I have enough anger towards these animals.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I have seen the video, now I wish I hadn't. These are not people we are dealing with, they are lowly (expletive deleted) animals. I feel ZERO sympathy towards their (expletive deleted) way of life and whatever justice finds them.
        '99 TA M6 (!CAGS), K&N/LS1MS Lid. Still learning as I go.

Comment

Well I did it. His scream is stuck in my mind. That is beyond terrible. I have a hard time believing that any sane human could do such a thing, let alone 5 of them. How would you live with yourself, knowing you did such a thing?

These are not people we are dealing with. They are sick animals. How do we reason with people like this? I say we cannot. They are fanatics, sick in their minds and nothing can help them. These people will never live in peace. Peace is not their goal. Killing is their goal, with disregard of the families and lost loved ones. Killing people that are only there to help rebuild and bring back peace. They only understand death, and we need to bring it to them swiftly.

Does that make us as bad as them?

No. We are not killing peaceful innocent civilains intentionally with great brutality. The US is not committing crimes against humanity. The US is attempting to prevent it. We are the ones trying to bring peace back to the streets of Iraq. We only shoot if we are shot at unless we are going to get a known bad guy.

I'm a bit upset that so many Americans have such negative views of our presence there. We are making a huge sacrafice for peace in that region. I hope the people of Iraq recognize this and become strong allis of ours in the future. I am pretty sure that the problems we are seeing there are coming from a small minority of the populace. I'm sure the majority of them welcome our effort, our expense and the hope we bring.

I wish the best to the families of all those who have lost their lives.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Well said TraceZ.

I hope Iraq does become good allies for us. France should be after saving their butts not once but twice in the last 100 years. I just wonder if after a few years they will forget what the US did for them like France has. Heck liberals here have forgotten what 9/11 did in less than 3 years. They should show the video at least once a week to remind the forgetful people what is going on in the world. Maybe they should show the tape of Nick Berg to remind them. Some people will never learn.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Now the latest is that he had possible ties to a known terrorist from when he was in school. An email address used by terrorists was linked to him somehow in 2002.

He was being held by the Iraq police for suspicous activities, and the FBI met with him 3 times during the 2 weeks he was being held.

After he was released the FBI suggested he go home, and offered him a free flight out. He turned it down.

If he was being held by the Iraq police with no good reason, wouldnt the FBI have requested his release? It doesnt sound so far like they applyed any pressure to get him out. It makes it sound like maybe there was a valid reason he was there.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:

Comment

even more to think about

This was sent to me I did not write it...

"Yesterday, I came across the Nick Berg beheading video and watched it in full. It was the most graphic thing I had ever seen. The media has been covering this story for days and hasn't mentioned anything about its authenticity. However, I came away from the video with a sick feeling (of course), but also with questions. I may have found my answers."

Several underground news reports are saying this video is a fraud. Firstly, Berg could not have been alive when this happened because of the lack of blood shown in the clip. There are many other fallicies in the video that give away it's not genuine as well:
                1. Iraqi's say the man speaking was not reading the text as if he were a native Arab speaker.
                2. The speaker was wearing a gold ring, which is against the Islamic religion
                3. The men in the video were fat/out of shape - most Iraqi's are underfed and skinny
                4. US military denies holding Berg captive, yet Berg's family confirmed it through letters he sent
                5. Iraqi police adamantly deny holding Berg captive, yet that's what the US military said
                6. Berg was wearing an orange jump suit, just like the ones in the Abu Graib prison
                7. The chair he was sitting in is the same one used by the US military in the Abu Graib prison

The list goes on and on. These reports are suggesting the US military along with the CIA are responsible for Berg's death. But why? Other reports are saying Berg had loose ties to Al Queda in 2002 by way of a password he used on a computer system that ended up in the hands of Zacharias Moussoui.

The reports summzarization: the CIA killed Berg, staged his beheading to fuel the war and take heat off the Pentagon for the prison abuse scandal.

I wrote all of the above text because I thought this case was interesting you might too. I'm not sure what I believe now. Sorry if it's long.
                NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
                (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

you say the iraqi's didn't kill him, the cia did, but in the beginning of the paragraph, you seem to elude to the fact that he wasn't killed at all (little blood).

The theory makes sense (that the cia was trying to justify the continued stay in iraq, and get the abuse scandals off the front page), but did this really happen? I highly doubt it. It is rather interesting though that the FBI talked to him while he was in Iraqi police custody, then a few days later he shows up dead. The orange jump suit has always had me wondering as well. To me though, those are some of the things that help dispell the conspiracy theory, because if the CIA really did do it, they would have thought of those things. They never would have had him in a jumpsuit. That's too american.
                  Dave M
                  Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I haven't watched the video or read the details of this man's execution nor do I wish to. It is bad enough that the media is using the happenings in Iraq to create controversy and "so-called" ratings. The military has a difficult enough job of keeping each other alive without civilians going over to make their fortune. This freelance telecom guy wasn't a part of a necessary reconstruction group, and he was creating an additional hazard in an already hazardous situation.

It is obvious that religious militants want to create disarray in order to start a more "national" uprising among all Islamic nations...they have been for decades now. We are going to see nothing but turmoil trying to "rebuild" this nation and incidents like this are going to continue. The psych of the our military is going to see a lot resulting in incidents like the prison thing from a few who snap. It is too bad that we have such a sensationalist media that will go on and on about this kinda stuff. War "s*cks"! There is nothing good about it, and it is a bummer when it is necessary. Things like this are going to happen...it is just that in today's society we are going to splash it all over the TV & newspapers & internet for all to see.

Hopefully, we will get a clue, and create a usable energy policy that utilizes domestic oil sources such as those closed in Alaska. We need to distribute another type of fuel such as Ethanol with a certain percentage of vehicles created using this fuel so that we can reduce and eventually eliminate the need for Middle East oil. We keep purchasing oil from those that funnel it into terrorist activities. In a round about way, we financed Sept. 11th. Goodness, to continue our war on terror, we need to take care of Saudi but we need them. It is a vicious circle, and we need to address it with domestic energy policy as well as the battle field. If we can eliminate our dependence, we can just let that region duke it out on their own.
                    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

uuhhh. i wish i didnt watch the video. it brings chills down my spine just thinking about it
                      Miss My Bird

Comment

we can just let that region duke it out on their own. [/B]
                        Seems to me I alluded to that on another thread before the Bar-B-que started. I still say if they are fighting amongst themselves, the reast of the world would most likely be ignored.

Comment

Where did you get the video ... idk if i can get myself to watch it, but its something i just have to see for myself. i dont wana sount like a wierdo or ne thing but its just one of those things its hard to explain.
                          -Nick-
                          95 A4 Z28

Comment

Working...
                          X