Experiences With Tire Rack?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiences With Tire Rack?

Has anyone bought from Tire Rack? I noticed that they have the goodyear eagles that i want and it seems to be cheaper than the local store even with the $40 shipping. I have never bought anything like that online.....are they a reliable company? How do I know I am getting first quality tires? And what happens if there is a problem with a tire once its installed - naturally the local ture ship is going to disavow any responsiblility since they did not sell me the tires so what happens? Will any Goodyear dealer handle them even though i bought them online?
    Bruce
    01 Camaro

I've bought a couple of sets, and even returned one nasty set of Continentals ...from my experience they are great.
    For my WS-6 I got the Yokohama AVSES100s, and really like them too ....the comrades here on the site will offer advice on which tires are best ....
    Goodyears
    my Yokos
    Kumhos
    and Firestone Firehawks ..if my menory is correct.

PLUS you can pick/find an installer recommended by Tire Rack from their website .....

...for me it's the last time I pay full retail price .....

Cheers
    Mad Mick

also Discount tires now have stores too ...they have one in Roswell Atlanta, GA !!!!!!

Comment

since 1997.....i have ordered All my tires from them. they are fantastik. these are not blems. they just cut out the overhead. they are the walmart of the tire industry.

you cant go wrong.

and i know about tires.............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

They are my only choice unless a total emergency. I've bought more sets from them than I can count. Great service, great price.

Comment

so what happens if you get a bad one? do you have to ship it back to them, or if its a goodyear for example can you just take it to any Goodyear dealer for replacement?
          Bruce
          01 Camaro

Comment

They are most definetly the best place to buy tires; you won't get a bad tire from them. I've bought 4 sets of tires with no problems
            97' SS #497 1 of 50 White Hardtop M6,stock TB reworked to 52mm,SLP CC shorties, Random Tech DC Y-pipe, LT4KM, Taylor Spiro's and NGK's, BMR Adj Lcr's, TA, Boxed SFC's, Adj PHR, Floorpan brace w/ driveshaft loop, STB, GM 4:10'S, 1LE alum DS, Eibach 35mm front swaybar and Pro-Kit Springs, Bilstein HD's, Lou's speed stick with Hurst ball,LS1 front brakes, Earl's lines, Hawk Pads, BMR relocation brackets.

Comment

I've bought 2 complete sets of wheels and tires for my Formula, plus one more set of tires. The "sets" came mounted and balanced.... the first set of OZ Monte Carlos and GS-C's lasted 40K miles without any problems or rebalancing, and I sold them for a good price with 1/3 of the tread still left. A set of salad shooter takeoffs,, with Blizzak "snow/ice" tires - same deal, first quality, absolutely perfect mounting and balancing with invisible tape-on weights. And finally my current BFG KDW's/BFG Drag Radials.

One thing some people do to avoid the "what if I have a problem" is to take the Tire Rack price to a local dealer and let him match it, allowing for the shipping costs. I've heard quite a few people claiming they have been successful this way.
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

where are the based out of? arnet they based out of south bend indiana? we have a tire rack store in a town near (near to me is 1hr i live in farming country) me they install them and such
                1986- honda accord lx 2.0 liter fuel injection 5-speed manual 211,000 miles-sold-
                1986- honda accord dx 2.0 liter carb. 4-speed automatic 200,000 miles-sold-
                1992-mitsubishi eclipse 2.0L DOHC 5 speed manual 16" ar rims -blew up- then i sold it- worse mistake ever (buying it)
                1991 hyundai excel-HA! sold
                1995 dodge neon 1.6 liter,5spd, cold air intake, short throw shift, buger bushings, stiffer motor mounts, strut towers/ anti sway, lowering kit, a couple other perf. mods , sleeper

Comment

I too love tirerack, wouldn't buy anywhere else unless I had too. I've asked several area shops to match tireracks price, and they said they couldn't, they couldn't even get their tires for that price! Don't know if I believe that or not, but that's what they told me. $40 for shipping seems a little steep though, I don't remember paying that much last time I boght mine.
                  Dave M
                  Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Been using Tire Rack since 1993. Have been in excess of 28 tires, two complete sets of rims, and two sets of snow tires. Have never had a problem. As others have said, even with shipping, they are still much cheaper. Costco comes close, but their selection is limited. When you factor in the tax, local shops usually can't compete. Heck, four tires for the TA cost over $1000...add in the tax, and were pushing close to $1100. I paid $650 for my Dunlop 9000's and $35 shipping. Find that deal in your neighborhood.
                    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Bought my 2 sets of Firehawk SZ50EP's from them. Definately would buy from them again! Most tire places wont touch their prices, or even come close.
                      1995 Firebird Formula
                      (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

I bought a set of tires from them once. I had a hard time getting them mounted and balanced. It was a PITA. Nobody wanted to mount and balance tires they didn't sell. When I finally got someone who would do it, It cost $10 a tire for mounting plus balancing. Normally mounting is free wherever you buy tires at. They put me at the bottom of the list too. It took like 3 hours to get it done.

I have taken the tire rack prices around to get price matching and got laughed at everywhere except the Firestone dealership. They said they have a policy that says no one is to leave without tires no mater what it cost. They matched the price plus shipping per tire. Yea I had to pay tax but I didn't have to pay mounting. I've been doing this for years.
                        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Jeff, I'll have to remember that next time I need tires, see if Firestone will match! Did you try taking the rims/tries to a place like Monroe, or Midas? The one in my area never has a problem mounting and balancing them. I never take the car in, just the wheels. There's an NTB that I've used before too, they do so many that they have a sheet hanging on the wall giving their prices for mounting/balancing for tires you supply. It only cost me like $19 for all four there.
                          Dave M
                          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

i bought my tires from them, and ran over a nail last week. Up front i have to eat the cost but they are sending my a refund check for the cost because i have the road hazard on the tires.
                            2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                            Traded in: 1998 Z28
                            http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

I've had no problems getting them mounted/balanced. I've always driven over to Costco with the tires in the trunk. The counter says they don't care which tires they mount, just as long as I'm a Costco member. Been doing it this way for over 10 years. I usually get compliments from the tire mounters on my choice of tires. Most people use the cheapest tires they can find, so the Costco guys get a kick out of mounting high end brands they never get a chance to see.
                              Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                              Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Working...
                              X