brake light on '94 Camaro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake light on '94 Camaro

My '94 Z28 recenlty began to illumintate the brake light on the instrument panel. The light comes on most of the time (not all the time) after engine start. There are no leaks in the brake lines (both front and rear). My thoughts are that it could be a problem within the Master Cylinder or a malfuntioning switch thats causing the light to come on. Braking doesn't appear to be degraded when the light is on. The "ABS Inop" light has been on for some time prior to the "Brake" light illuminating, but I don't think they're related in any way (unless I'm wrong). Anyone have any experience with the "brake" light problem?

DT

Hey buddy. Well I have a couple ideas for you. First of all, disconnect the battery for at least 15 minutes. If neither of the dash lights go off then you should try changing the brake switch. Its the first two thing you should do. If nothing, then you got me. After that your best bet is to try and get the trouble codes to see whats up with the car. Good luck.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

well.

Check the bulbs in your third brake light, one or both of those being out has been known to cause the dash light to come on. Just a very inexpensive possible fix.
      NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
      (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

Working...
      X