hot running 93 fourmla

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot running 93 fourmla

hi my 93 fourmla seams to be runing hot when i am on the motor way its fine and it sits on the second mark on the gauge but as soon as i slow down round town ie just after i come off the off ramp the temp goes up to 220 in about 60 seconds the fans do cut in but the temp does not seam to drop any clues thanks
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

you might have a partially clogged radiator hose. Happened to us on another car.

BTW, motor way is like our highway over in the US (for those that don't know).
    my car:
    '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
    check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

your fans aren't even set to kick on till some where in the 220's-230's. If this is happening while your driving check to make sure your radiator fins are clean and not bent and also check to make sure the little shroud that forces air up in is not missing.
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

hot running

it seams to come and go the problem i was at the track today and it was fine praphaps it was a airlock ? i have just had a trans cooler fitted could this be the problem ?
        http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
        C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

Comment

Was your cooling system bled after you go it worked on.
          1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

not sure

i am not sure but i opened the bleed nut to check

Comment

You can't just open the screw you have to actually bleed it by running the car with the thermostat open. There are a links on the internet on how to do this I think www.shhoebox.com is one but someone correct me if I'm wrong. And be careful with the reverse flow cooling and aluminum heads an air bubble in the line can be bad.

Comment

Working...
              X