belt tensioner on 94 z-28

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• belt tensioner on 94 z-28

what is the easiest way to remove the belt on a 94 z-28? I think i have found the tensioner but I am not sure on how to release the pressure on it. As you can probably tell, the lt1 motor is new to me, lol. It is 2am in the morning and my wife and I are still working on it. Any advice would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if the LT1 is the same but on my tensioner you just use a socket on the bolt of the pulley of the tensioner and push or pull as if tightening the bolt. As you are doing this keep the pressure on the ratchet. This will relieve the tension on the belt. Again I'm not sure if it is the same type of tensioner, hope this helps.
    Chris

1991 Camaro 3.1 V6 pretty much stock

http://www.cardomain.com/id/clwilson

Comment

Yes.. its the same. Put a long breaker bar with the correct socket (15mm??) on the bolt, and twist it in the direction that moves the pulley away from the belt. If you turn it the wrong way, you will unscrew the bolt.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Should be a 13mm

When the tension is released, flip the belt off the crank pulley.
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

thanks for all of the help. It went perfect after i got that out of the way...

Comment

Working...
          X