My 01 SS takes 04 Saleen 281 supercharged

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 01 SS takes 04 Saleen 281 supercharged

I met this kid with an 04' Saleen mustang 281 with the twin screw type supercharger pushing 10psi and got to talkin and convinced him to race me just for fun (no money, I was figureing on getting dusted) he said he had 375hp to the wheels and 410 lb/ft of torque. Id just got my car dyno-ed at 335hp to the wheels and 415 lb/ft of torque. I just have new MAF and air box, power programmer, dumps on my exhaust, and 3.73's. First we raced off the line and i beat him by maybe 8 feet (his bumper was at the front of my door) and then again from a 20mph rolling start from which i beat him by a car. Two good races, he was a good sport, got his number and im sure we'll do it again.
    2001 Camaro SS, ATI P1-SC Procharger 7 psi pulley (for now muah ha ha), MAC headers, MAC off road Y-Pipe, MAC "Cat Back", K&N, Richmond Racing 3.73's, Hypertech Power Programmer III custom programmed for Procharger, Subframe Connectors, Z06 rims (17x9.5, 18x10.5) BFG G-Force 315/30/18's. Panasonic In-Dash TV/CD/DVD player, 2 10" Audiobahn Subs in custom box, Audiofonics 800 watt amp. Dyno soon to come (and track times too)
    "No Ryan, my car cannot whistle any OTHER songs"

Nice kill.

You're new here so you probably don't know how much I hate the supercharged Saleen S281, lol... I think it is the most overpriced car ever -- nice rims and a body kit is all you get, really. I lined up next to one last time at the drag strip. I ran a 13.3 @ 108 to his 13.9 @ 98. My best time of the day was 13.1, his was 13.6.

They are nowhere near worth the cost of the car... just think... with all of that money he spent on that Saleen, he could have bought an '04 SVT Cobra, and spent $10K on mods!!!!! LOOK OUT!!!!
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
      Nice kill.

You're new here so you probably don't know how much I hate the supercharged Saleen S281, lol... I think it is the most overpriced car ever -- nice rims and a body kit is all you get, really. I lined up next to one last time at the drag strip. I ran a 13.3 @ 108 to his 13.9 @ 98. My best time of the day was 13.1, his was 13.6.

They are nowhere near worth the cost of the car... just think... with all of that money he spent on that Saleen, he could have bought an '04 SVT Cobra, and spent $10K on mods!!!!! LOOK OUT!!!!
      but his has a saleen sticker!!!!!!!!..=) hehe

i had a dude pull up to my dads '66 in his salen cobra badged pos mustang lol...it had all the cobra badges with the saleen ones right below them all..even had the svt rims LOL!!! sounded like a stock exh. to

Comment

Agreed. I don't know why anyone would spend the money on one unless you just HAVE to have a Saleen or really like the look (I don't particularly care for it). My 03 Cobra put down 371hp/378tq to the wheels bone stock and with less than $1300 in mods it should put down around 450hp/450+tq (I haven't had a chance to get it dynoed yet). Why the hell would I spend 50 grand or more for a crappy Saleen???

Comment

Are there ANY stock 03 Cobras out there anymore??? lol... sheesh... I am just itching to get a shot at one at a drag strip, but it seems like a stock 03 is the rarest car in the world...
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Are there ANY stock 03 Cobras out there anymore??? lol... sheesh... I am just itching to get a shot at one at a drag strip, but it seems like a stock 03 is the rarest car in the world...
            LOL!! I actually just made another post about that! I went to meet the local SVT club and I don't think there's a single Cobra there that puts down LESS than 450 to the wheels!

I thought about keeping mine stock for a while, but the stock exhaust is WAY to damn quiet, so I had to ditch that. And then I figured, "it's not stock anymore, so I might as well do a cold air kit." And then it just went downhill from there!

Comment

there aren't too many stock 03 cobra's out there, because the mods are so cheap to do. If you can spend less then a grand and get into the 12's, why wouldn't you? New pullies alone increase the boost a lot.
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
              Traded in: 1998 Z28
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

There was one of those at the track Saturday night(Orlando Speed World) He had drag radials and was still only running around a 13.5. Looked kinda cool but performance dosen't match the price IMHO.......Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Working...
                X