nitrous?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nitrous?

I have an 01 SS and want somthing other than my minor mods (3.73's, air lid, maf, dumps) and i wanted some input from someone with experience with spray on an F-body as to what to expect, what to spray, and what systems are the best with my car. I plan to fall back on the nitrous idea if for some reason an ATI procharger doesnt come through.
    2001 Camaro SS, ATI P1-SC Procharger 7 psi pulley (for now muah ha ha), MAC headers, MAC off road Y-Pipe, MAC "Cat Back", K&N, Richmond Racing 3.73's, Hypertech Power Programmer III custom programmed for Procharger, Subframe Connectors, Z06 rims (17x9.5, 18x10.5) BFG G-Force 315/30/18's. Panasonic In-Dash TV/CD/DVD player, 2 10" Audiobahn Subs in custom box, Audiofonics 800 watt amp. Dyno soon to come (and track times too)
    "No Ryan, my car cannot whistle any OTHER songs"

Buddy of mine has an NOS 5177 dry kit on his 99 SS..... runs mid/high-10's at 126MPH.

http://cjcfo.fbody.com/member.cgi?id=13

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Re: nitrous?

Originally posted by abmcbballer
      I have an 01 SS and want somthing other than my minor mods (3.73's, air lid, maf, dumps) and i wanted some input from someone with experience with spray on an F-body as to what to expect, what to spray, and what systems are the best with my car. I plan to fall back on the nitrous idea if for some reason an ATI procharger doesnt come through.
      In just assuming you have a stock bottom end. 150 shot would be about as much as you want to go. NX, NOS, and TNT all offer pretty good starter kits. Just do a little reading on each of the kits that they offer and you should be able to decide.

What are your goals with the motor?

Comment

Working...
      X