in search of power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in search of power

i want more power what do you guys think NOS or a blower or both . i got all the bmr parts from vinchi hi peformance in orlando if you get time check out there site joe down ther is great and has a sick camaro
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

you go with nitros or a sc you have alot of $$ and pre-work to get ready for it.. plus...you are going to cut your motor life shorter... especially with the blower and nos.

how much power do you want. why not stay NA... go with a bigger cam, heads or head work, long tubes, gears, tb.......programing......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

you're going to be dumping money into it no matter which way you choose to make your power, it just comes down to personal taste. NOS would probably be the easiest and cheapest way to initially make power. But if you wanted to go anything over about 100hp shot, you'd need to start upgrading parts. Same with a blower. You can strap on a low boost charger to a stock engine, but if you want more than 6 psi or so, you need to start upgrading parts. Plus you have the large outlay of cash for the SC itself. Heads, cam, intake, that's the time tested way to make power, and probably the most popular, but again you have a large initial investment and, IMHO, don't have quite as much power potential as you do with with forced induction, unless you get really radical.

It's just a matter of how fast you want to go, what you want to get out of the car, and how much you're willing to spend.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I agree with W0olfman. You should do head work. Hot-cam and some better valve springs and roller rockers. Its always better or shows off your ability to go fast with out the need for "BOOST." Dont fall into the "Ford" world of "blowing and N.O.S.ING your car." Stay NA. Good luck
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

thanks

i beter start saving for some engine mods then. in the mean time i will finish the bolt ons any way the car still kicks all the ricers and boy racers buts on the street
          http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
          C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

Comment

Re: thanks

Originally posted by bigtow
            i beter start saving for some engine mods then. in the mean time i will finish the bolt ons any way the car still kicks all the ricers and boy racers buts on the street
            Why does everyone feel compelled to stick it to ricers? They make a fool of themselfs as it is. Besides when they beat you they fly by after 4 minutes thinking they won....its not worth it IMO...i always turn my head and just start laughing...unless its a well-done import...then i'll play...

I am in NO way trying to riddle this thread with a rantfest about ricers..theres been plenty of those already....they turn out the same in the end....All i'm saying is its better to prove your car to nicer cars like vettes and done up imports... not a Chevy Cavalier with stickers and an aluminum wing or even a body kit...

sorry had to say my piece on that though.
            -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
            98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
            98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
            94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

we only have ricers

the only problem is that in the uk we are out numberd buy ricers and boyracers most people only use ther american cars at weekends in the summer for shows (no offence if like me you use yours every day like me in the uk). but i get your point oh how i whish i lived in the USA

Comment

Re: we only have ricers

the only problem is that in the uk we are out numberd buy ricers and boyracers most people only use ther american cars at weekends in the summer for shows (no offence if like me you use yours every day like me in the uk). but i get your point oh how i whish i lived in the USA
                what do you guys consider rice out there?
                -Rico

98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD

Comment

my defenition of a ricer

IMO a ricer is any thing with silly spoilers and that is driven by 17 year olds (the age at witch you can learn to drive in the uk ) that think they own the road and also think that they are michael shuemacher. i hope that does not sound to bitchy

Comment

Re: my defenition of a ricer

IMO a ricer is any thing with silly spoilers and that is driven by 17 year olds (the age at witch you can learn to drive in the uk ) that think they own the road and also think that they are michael shuemacher. i hope that does not sound to bitchy
                    ha! I feel your pain brother
                    -Rico

Comment

you have to be carefull with ricers here in the great northern va area..... some of them are 10 and 11 second street machines.............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                        you have to be carefull with ricers here in the great northern va area..... some of them are 10 and 11 second street machines.............

My friend is a prelude owner from that area...he says some of the cars out there are insane....

it just seems you can make import cars faster for cheaper...but how reliable can they be?
                        -Rico

Comment

ricers

most of the boy racers cars in the uk have got more fiberglass and bondo stuck on them than it takes to make a corvette. and all the body mods and ice equpment that they have got probley weighes as muchas one. yes ther are some quick ones most have got tiny motors in them like 1.3 liter (sorry not very good when it comes to converting into cubes) but they still try to race you .but they can not drive to save ther lives they ARE DANGEROUS . phew im glad i got that off my chest . as one of them very neerley totaled my car to day on my way back from work and then had the cheak to give me the finger as if it was me in the wrong .

Comment

There are a few extremely fast imports in my area but what seems to be the common thing for them is a huge turbo system that ends up messing up the engine within a few thousand miles. I had two friends both of which owned talons which sadly to say both of them would smoke my formula but neither lasted very long. You can eaisly make an import really fast by strapping on nitrous or a turbo and it doesn't cost that much but still a decent amount but you get into a lot of money to do it right because the whole engine needs to be redone.
                            1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Thats very true. The more stress that little motor is enduring the less its going to last. Thats the thing that alot of these kids dont know. Since those cars have such a small block, they are forced to do more work, in other words, pushed. So all in all yes you can go and spend 2 or 3 grand on a civic or something and do the normal turbo that will more likly run in the 13+ psi range, yet I can promise you that it wont go fifty thousand miles without it giving out. Those motors are made for economy, not power, but the reason that I read of a post before was that they do it because insurence reasons, yet i dont buy that. If they can invest thousands into a car just like that, Im sure they can afford 100-250 in insurence. So thats my input on that topic. I believe its the "dream" or wish of beating a car with twice the size of motor what keeps them working (even though most of those punks dont do the work themselves). Ill give those guys that run all motor, and are able to get off a 12 second et with a full interior (considering they do the work themselves), but you dont see many of those. Asta
                              Eddie
                              2000 M6 Trans Am
                              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                              X