First mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First mods

Im going to the track this friday... my first time (stock 93 Marro)!! Anyways, I should be comming up with some extra money this summer... what should i start upgrading or what mods should i begin with?

Im thinking an exaust package (reccomendations?), and maybe head work / headers, good first step?( I eventually want to do an LT4 kit. )

THANKS!
    99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

my suggestions (in order):
    1)CAI
    2)full exhaust. Do the headers, cats, catback, just do EVERYTHING. Might as well do it at the same time as the CAI, they work hand-in-hand
    3)gear change
    4)tuning
    5)save up A LOT of cash
    6)get some tranny work done
    7)buy the LT4 kit along with all the extra stuff needed (the fuel rail, etc.)
    8)pull the motor, have it rebuilt using the 383 or 355 rebuild kit (assuming it has some high miles), and put the LT4 kit on it
    9)tuning

since you have a '93, I would suggest looking into burning your own PROM chops, as its very easy, and it would be much cheaper and better than getting chips made by a company (PCMFORLESS, etc.)
    my car:
    '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
    check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

I'm going against the common answers.....

The first step is to fix the factory suspension. If you dump more money into making more power, much of it will be wasted as the car won't hook well or behave like it should. I would work on suspension, free mods and driving technique to get the car as quick as possible as well as consistant. Once that is exhausted, then start adding power. I can't tell you how many matches I won against a car that was more modded because I could hook and go while they fought for traction.

IMHO, start with sticky tires, lower control arms and relocation brackets, torque arm and panhard rod. This gives the car a completely different feel, much more stable.

Once that is done, now go with the power tweaks like cold air intake, exhaust etc. and you'll be pretty happy.

Comment

Working...
      X