'98 Z28 Auto tranny slipping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '98 Z28 Auto tranny slipping

Got a weird situation here. When driving for 20 minutes or more my transmission (normally in the overdrive position) will slip and I'll have no power. If I shift into drive it kicks in and I can then bring it back into overdrive and it works fine for another ten minutes or so, then I get the same problem.

Any thoughts?

The clutches are wiped. Very typicle for the 4L60e. Its also possible you bad have a pressure loss (bad seals). Either way - rebuild time
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
      The clutches are wiped. Very typicle for the 4L60e. Its also possible you bad have a pressure loss (bad seals). Either way - rebuild time
      You're probably right but because of the cost of rebuild, I would change the fluid and put in a new filter in it first.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Tried the fluid and filter; no joy. Thank you both for the info.

Comment

Working...
        X