formula nose cut out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• formula nose cut out

would i get any air flow improvments buy opening the the cut outs in the front of a forumla nose cone the ones where the fog lamps are on wolfmans car ?
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

It isnt worth ruining the bumper over that, just get a cold air induction kit.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

i have cai

i have cai fitted what i want is more air flow thru the raditor to help withe cooling
      http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
      C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
      mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

I saw an article about a 3rd gen build up where they wanted to do the same thing. They were building a big time engine and were worried about the cooling, so the cutout large portions of the front bumber cover. It turns out it only hurt them... the air would come in the openings in the front, hit the radiator and be forced out the opening in the bottom, without ever going through the radiator. They tried covering the opening in the bottom, but I don't think that worked either. I foget exactly what they ended up with, they may have went back to stock. I will try to see if I can find that article, I think I know where it is.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Those inserts are actually held in place by tabs. You would not be cutting the bumper if you removed them. I don't think it would help with cooling. The radiator is designed to be cooled by the air moving beneath it, in back of the front air dam. Make sure that air dam is in good shape, because that can cause some major cooling problems if it is torn or missing.

Comment

There is a rigid baffle that runs from the air dam to the top of the radiator support. That would block any air flow from the nose holes to the radiator. And, the big foam "crash pad" behind the bumper is partially blocking air flow as well.

There are studs in the blockoff plates that bolt thru the tabs on the bumper. It will not damage the bumper to remove the blockoffs. When I removed the crash pad I also removed the blocking plates and put a black plastic "grid" over the openings.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
            X