Car is sagging, please look at pics.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car is sagging, please look at pics.

I know it will be hard to tell without seeing the car, but just from looking at the following pics, what do you think is wrong?

It's a few inches lower on that side. I was thinking maybe a busted strut, or spring. I think the guy that had it before me nailed something BIG. Pot hole maybe. Here is the damage to the rear rim.

From rim is scraped too. I am thinking that whole side will need to be replaced. I can't find a place with coil springs either. Hopefully the frame doesn't have to be pulled. I am thinking that whatever he hit did some extensive damage.

Any suggestions on what it could be, and where I can get what I need to fix it? I will be replacing whatever needs to be replaced by myself to save cash.

Thanks.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Used auto parts.
    http://www.billygrahamsfirebird.com/
    http://store.tnautoparts.com/
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

ouch...that musta been a big pot hole...geez, he bent the crap out of that thing!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Probably a blown shock. Have you also checked to see if the spring perch is bent down?

Comment

I pulled that front rim and everything looked fine. Shock tower is fine too as far as I could see. It's def. out of alignment. I am going to have my friend at belle tire check it out today and tell me what's wrong.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

Also, do you think a busted shock would cause that? I thought that the spring controlled the ride height. If a shock could have caused it, I'll def. have that checked out. Thanks.

Comment

raroZ28 -

It will not be the shock absorber causing the car to sag.

Shocks are not a load-bearing component of the suspension system and therefore do not 'carry' or support any weight. Their only purpose is to dampen the action of the spring and keep the tire in contact with the road surface.

You could remove all 4 shocks from any car and not have it effect ride height.

Your Belle Tire friend should be able to tell what's going on by doing a good visual inspection and checking the alignment angles (of all 4 wheels). If it's wayyyyy off, or, if he can't find anything obvious, he should be able to refer you to a good frame shop to pinpoint the problem.

Hope this helps - good luck!

Gene H.
              02 SS #9638 - Black/Black 6sp Hardtop

Comment

Gene, those were my thoughts exactly. That's why I thought it might be the coil springs. Thanks guys

Comment

I'll bet

I can almost guarantee you will need an axle shaft on that side. They are pretty weak when it comes to impact from that direction.
                  NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
                  (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

Working...
                  X