Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 345 HP Camaro SS

Anyone here have a 345 HP Camaro SS?
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

The reason I ask this is because I'd like to show some verification that a Camaro SS was in fact available with 345 HP in stock trim directly from SLP. Someone I was discussing this with said SS's only have 325 HP stock and are not available with 345 the way Firehawks are. I distinctly remember from all my shopping around, that it was possible to get a 345 HP SS straight from SLP. I just need some verification.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

It was very possible.

I know for a fact that '02 model SS's had the option for a center mounted exhaust that bumped the HP rating up to 345hp.

You are right.

Comment

ZING! Thanks...

Comment

Yep, SLP did offer such a package on the '02's. But with stock '02's dynoing (6-speeds anyway) in the 320ish rwhp range anyway, it's a moot point. Just chalk it up to advertising .
          '98 WS6 Formula M6

A few mods...best 1/4 mile results so far 12.64 and 115mph

Comment

Some of the Berger SSs came with up to 375 HP using bolt ons. Don't know about that rating though... Seems to me they were using a chambered exhaust similar to the old chambered exhaust of the 60s.

Comment

HP is a relative.......

every LS1 and LT1 motor is diff.....

mon - fri

275 - 368

know where im commin from?

SLP did offer a "345" hp SS

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                HP is a relative.......

every LS1 and LT1 motor is diff.....

mon - fri

275 - 368

know where im commin from?

SLP did offer a "345" hp SS
                Yep, I know in actuality they ARE different. But I know that there was a claim for a "345" HP SS, just like a "345" HP Firehawk. Thanks guys.

Comment

i have one
                  ~*~Jen~*~

*2002 35th LE SS
                  SS#5949/LE#2715

http://thanks.f-body.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Camaro
                    i have one
                    Just out of curiosity... did a high-flow air-lid arrive at your house from SLP a couple weeks after you bought the car? Or did the high-flow airlid come on the car when you got it from the dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                      Just out of curiosity... did a high-flow air-lid arrive at your house from SLP a couple weeks after you bought the car? Or did the high-flow airlid come on the car when you got it from the dealer?
                      since i ended up getting mine so late in the production year (due to orig dealer screw up) mine was already installed when the car arrived @ the dealership
                      ~*~Jen~*~

*2002 35th LE SS
                      SS#5949/LE#2715

http://thanks.f-body.com

Comment

Working...
                      X