Brake Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Question

I was told that thin brake pads will dissipate more heat to the rotors and cause them to warp faster....or something to that effect... and re-sufacing rotors while wearing thin brake pads won't do much to make stopping smoother. Is that true?

Also....what happened to my wear indicators??? The brakes do not ever squeal but the pads look pretty thin. Why don't the wear indicators scrape the rotor? These pads are original and have 56k miles on them....they do look a little thin but every car i have ever driven had brakes that squealed when they were worn out. Could it possibly be that they are not worn down to the level needed for the wear indicator? It seems like a lot of miles..

bruce
    Bruce
    01 Camaro

<bump>

Another set of questions -

how hard is it to replace your own brake pads on the 4th gen?

what's the biggest mistake people make when doing this job?

Is there a tutorial anywhere on the web from someone who has done this?

would you recommend Delco Durastop (ceramic?) pads?

do you need to replace the rotor when changing to ceramic pad or will a re-surfaced orig. rotor be fine?

Someone on another forum was talking about Durastop brakes in a C5 Vette and said if you can change a tire you can replace pads and they really liked the ceramic for the vette...so it must not be that hard to do?
    Bruce
    01 Camaro

Comment

Working...
    X