car wont start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car wont start

i just replaced the fuel pump, filter, and the regulator.after i did all that i started the car and let it run for a good 15-20 mins and the next day i went to start it, it ran for a min then died and now i cant get it to run. when you turn the key on you can hear the pump workin but it wont start. anyone have any ideas what to look for or what to do i need to get it running so i have something to drive thanks

adam

There are a lot of things that can go wrong to make a car not run. I could start making a list of them but it would be a whole lot more time effective to scan for an engine fault code first. The first thing I did when I got mine was buy a scanner. You really have to have one if you're going to work on your own car these days.

How old is your OPTI?
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

like jeff said.....

start trouble shooting the system. check first to see if you have a spark. pull a plug wire and ground it.....then check to see if the full is making it up to the injectors.... go ahead and pump it.....pedal.... got a smell?....... if fuel and spark are there.... then i suspect pcm probs.... why now after what you did i dont know.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

i can get the car to start if i unplug the MAF but it will only run for maybe 30 seconds and i think its the stock opti

Comment

Check to see if you are losing spark or fuel. Thats the first place to start.
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
          X