might be getting a '93 V6 Camaro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• might be getting a '93 V6 Camaro

well, since I'm getting my dad's Caprice, he is in need of his own car. Not a daily driver, since he drives his work full-size pickup to and fro his shop and all, but he just wants a decent car to drive around in when he wants to ride in a little comfort, if that might be to our shop, or an hour to a friend's house.

Well, we have been open to many different types of cars (were mainly looking at El Caminos, since it rides like a car but we could still haul stuff in it), but today we say in the Classifieds section of the paper a '93 Camaro, power everything, V6, for IIRC $2250. Its a little higher than we wanted to spend, but if its in good shape we might get it.

Now, anything to look for or watch out for?
    Also, what are some big differences between this car and a '93 Z28 (which we also have)? I mean, are the auto trannys the same? I know the rear ends are completely different, and obviously the motor is completely different, but is anything really swappable from the Z28 to the V6? What about suspension?
    my car:
    '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
    check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

I think V6's are good daily drivers if you don't want to bang up your V8...

I know the 93's have 3.4's...I believe they are a stroked 3.1 that I used to have (92 Firebird).

Other than the obvious, like seats and stuff...not much are interchangable...tranny are the same I believe...you're right about the rear. Rims should be the same 16 inchers...don't believe they had anything else besides the salad shooters.

Should be a good deal if you get it at 2K...aside from engine, rear and leather...it should be about the same.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

The transmissions are different. The V6 is a 60* block, and much narrower than the 90* V8. They will not interchange.

The rearend housings are the same, but in 93 limited slip was not a V6 option.

V6 cars came standard with plastic hubcaps on 16" steel rims. The aluminum salad shooters were an option.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
        The transmissions are different. The V6 is a 60* block, and much narrower than the 90* V8. They will not interchange.

The rearend housings are the same, but in 93 limited slip was not a V6 option.

V6 cars came standard with plastic hubcaps on 16" steel rims. The aluminum salad shooters were an option.
        ooohhhh yyyeaaahh...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I always wanted that body style of a camaro...i used to have a 99 v6....i think the 93-96's are nice and can look really nice if you put some work on it...I got the ws6 instead...love everything about it....

good luck if you decide to buy it...tell us how it turns out and post some pics!
          -Rico
          -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
          98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
          98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
          94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Working...
          X