Dual vs Triple A-piller guage holder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual vs Triple A-piller guage holder

Which is reccommended, and what guages should be used?

I want an A-piller guage holder, but not sure what i want to display... my options are: ??

1. exaust temp
    2. boost (future supercharger)
    3. transmission fluid temp

ive seen, but is it worth it?
    4. outside temp
    5. tire pressure

6. ??
    99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Dont' add gauges just to decorate the pillar... and some of those are not useful for anything other than that, IMHO. My own personal choices:

In the A-pillar:
    -oil temperature (elect)
    -trans temperature (elect)

In th A/C vents in the dash:
    -fuel pressure (elect.)
    -oil pressure (mech.)
    -nitrous pressure (mech.)

I would avoid A/F unless you like psychedelic light shows. Vaccum/boost is obviously a good choice for the blower.

I have an EGT sensor that is continuously recorded by my engine management computer, and I don't know how many times I've looked over the data logs and wondered if its really telling me anything.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I agree with Fred, don't put something on there just to have something on there. If you want something useful, I suggest oil and tranny temp gauges. You can always switch to a 3 gauge later if you go with a supercharger or nitrous, they're not that expensive (the gauge holders that is).
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
      X