Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a ram air hood for my '95...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a ram air hood for my '95...

Man those things look too sweet I just have to have one. I know my SLP CAI is doing about the same that ram air would, but I have to have that look, and I want to make it functional too. I think I'm gonna go with the factory SS style ram air hood, I like the way it looks better than the "Ultra Z" one at SLP. But where is the best place to order the factory SS style one so that I could get the best price?

I'm not sure, but something to keep in mind, the SS hood is basicly just a fancey cold air induction where the Ultra Z is a functional ram-air, I get an extra 2-3 mpg highway driving if I stay above 70mph. I'm always getting complements on the looks. Not knocking your choice of hoods, just a general statement on appearance vs functionality.

Hyper (94 Z28 A4)

Comment

suncoast hood

I just got a suncoast z style hood from suncoast creations that is functional and while i love the way it looks and the sound of the ram air box the hood was far from paint ready when i got it and even after a proffesional body shop prepared it there are a few pits in the paint after the fact due to imperfections. The ram air box assembly that they sent was warped so i requested another and they sent me the wrong part so it took another few days to receive the right part. Overall im happy with it but for the 1400 dollars i have in it after paint i expected more quality and a hood that was actually "paint ready" and perfect in every way. Maybe im asking too much? Just wanted to share my suncoast creations experience with you....

Comment

I've seen several installs of Suncoast hoods. Most of them have the same issues that have been mentioned as well as poor contours at times. IMHO, spend the money with a different company unless cost is the ultimate condition. Even then, you would probably be happier with a different companies' product. That is, unless you can pick it up for $500 and do all the finish work yourself.

Comment

Got mine on ebay...

You get what u pay for... I got it for $450, and it needed needed prep work, had some minor pits and imperfections. The guy that sold it to me builds them. Looks like 2 pieces glued together, very lightweight, but seems to show heat damage, or mabey flex damage by the lift supports after 2 years. If I had the $ I would definately go for a better constructed one. I really can't complain for the amount that I paid, especially because the guy came down from P.A. and dropped it off at the body shop for free (no shipping) because he was going to be in the area. I will have to replace it sometime, because it is not as durable as the suncoast ones.
          1995 Firebird Formula
          (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Go with SLP good quality at a resonable price.
            Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't follow the thread. This is what the Ultra Z hood looks like on a Camaro.
              Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

Complete resto or after market 3rd and 4th gen

Go to www.yearone.com click on next gen for complete interior exterior for every model even rare trim packs for 3rd and 4th. and lots of after market parts. Its the best one so far for F-Bodies.

Comment

Working...
                X