Innerfender well

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innerfender well

I was wondering whats inside the passenger side fender well. I noticed that its mad of metal and not plastic like alot of vehicles. Whats inside if anything?
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

You mean the rear fender wells? Nothing "inside".... on the passenger side the front portion forms the inside of the rear seat area, the middle portion covers the end of the fuel tank, which hangs under the "package shelf", right behind the back seat, and the rear area has the spare tire in the hatch well. The drivers side is similar, except the rear portion has a removable plastic panel, and the charcoal canister for the fuel tank vapor recovery system is located in there.

The F-Body is a "unit body".... the body components carry all the structural loads, because there is no independant frame.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I'm sorry for not being specific I meant the inner part of the front fender well. If you look under the hood I mean the humps you see sticking in from where the wheels are but they don't look like there just a strip of metal it looks like somethings inside.
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

The front fender "liners" are the top support for the front suspension. Again.... unit body, no separate frame. The lower suspension is held by the K-member that spans the subframes and also cradles the engine. The upper A-arms, and the top spring/shock mount are held in the "towers" that are part of the inner fender liners. The top A-frame and upper spring/shock mount are held on each side by two bolts and two studs, that protrude above the tops of the fneder liners, almost at hood level.

The add-on "shock tower brace" in this picture is bolted to the two studs on each side, that protrude through the inner fenders.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X