Transmission Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission Questions

I have an 84 Firebird SE with a 305 V8 and my tranny is all messed up so I'm looking for a replacement. I know it's a borg warner transmission and I got confirmation that it's a Borg Warner T5 tranny. Now from what I read, they didn't start using the World Class T5 till 88 for camaros and firebirds, so mine is probably a non-world class. My main question is will a world class t5 fit in my car and if not, will any non-world class T5 from a camaro or firebird fit in my car? I really need to get this taken care of - i haven't had my car out in almost a year now. Please help! Thanks

I personally don't know the answer to your question, but I know how you can find out. Go to www.thirdgen.org , it's a site dedicated to 3rd generation Camaros and Firebirds. Click on message boards and then on Transmissions/Drivetrain Forum. You might should try a search on that forum before your post.

Wait, now that I think about it, you should definetely be able to put a T5 from a 3rd gen V8 car in your car, but not from a V6 car. But, about the World Class T5, I am not sure yet.

Good luck, and welcome to the boards!
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

ok thanks for the help & the link

Comment

Working...
      X