Wheel offsets?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel offsets?

I just picked up some 10 spoke 17x9 Camaro SS wheels for SCCA racing. Gotta love eBay!

I'm going to run these on my TA. Are the offsets the same?

Thanks

John
    97RS "Arrest me red" - LETSCEM - under the knife
    02WS.6/TA #4024 "Wash me again black" RDOZREL - Hotchkis STB, MTI lid, BMR SFC's, BMR SB's, SB Brake Lines, SureStop rotors, Carbotech pads.
    99 Bravada

Compared to the stock wheels? I dont know if theyre the same, but they WILL FIT!
    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Stock 16x8 wheels are 55mm offset

Stock 17x9 wheels are 55mm offset. In effect, the added width is "split", 1/2" more backspace, and 1/2" more depth to the front of the wheel.

There are completely interchangeable. Some "late" 4th Gen F-Body wheels are a tight fit on the rear axle of the "early" 4th Gens. If you encounter a problem getting the wheel over the rear axle hub, the inside diameter of the wheel can be lightly sanded to improve the clearance. They may have solved this problem by th etime they built your 97.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X