Pictures of my car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of my car

Take the link guys, I have my images uploaded in the Supercars.net forum.

http://speed.supercars.net/Board?vie...ID=4&tID=67101
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Looking good.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Sweet ride!!! I have the same car. Can't wait to start mod's!

How do you like the new shifter over the Hurst??
      John
      97RS "Arrest me red" - LETSCEM - under the knife
      02WS.6/TA #4024 "Wash me again black" RDOZREL - Hotchkis STB, MTI lid, BMR SFC's, BMR SB's, SB Brake Lines, SureStop rotors, Carbotech pads.
      99 Bravada

Comment

wow...awesome car bro...i want one of those
        http://www.hrgarage.cjb.net
        Wait, you drive a what...

Comment

Originally posted by Tundrahog
          Sweet ride!!! I have the same car. Can't wait to start mod's!

How do you like the new shifter over the Hurst??
          I LOATHE the stock Hurst shifter. Listen to this: With the Hurst, I was either shifting too fast, or too hard for it to keep up... or something. But a couple times when I was getting on it as hard as I could, on the 2-3 upshift, shifting right at redline, this would happen: The shift lever would go into the 3rd position, but the transmission would stay in neutral. I'd get back on the gas, but the engine would just rev, nothing would happen. The clutch pedal became useless, and I literally had to use FORCE to RIP the shifter out of the 3rd position and back to neutral. I found out that what I was doing was effectively bending the shift-forks in the transmission... BBAAAAADDDD news. Well, I haven't had this problem with the B&M. I'm not sure yet if it really is a long term solution, or if I just prolonged the inevitable -- a tranny rebuild We shall see... However, the B&M's claims of a shorter throw really don't seem too valid. The shift pattern IS narrower though, 4 to 5 feels just like 2 to 3 now.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

That is a very common problem with the factory Hurst. I had problems on a couple of runs with getting it into 3rd. When you would try to shift to 3rd it was like hitting a brick wall. And it has happened to other people who have driven my car as well.

I did the same thing you did except I went with the Pro 5.0 shifter and threw on a Lou's Short Stick. It is awesome. Good clean shifts and definitely shorter throws!
            99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
            93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

I noticed a huge difference going from the stock shifter in my '97 to the B&M (almost half the throw distance), but you probably won't see a big throw difference going from the factory Hurst to the B&M. Anyhow, you should get good clean shifts for a long time. The only mess-up for me was throwing it down into second from third when I fitst started running hard with it (I was so ticked)....haven't done that in a long long long time, but now that I am use to it, I get really fast clean shifts. Now I just need to do the clutch...big sigh!
              '77 K5 rock-crawler project
              '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
              '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
              '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
              '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
              My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The last 2 SSs that I test drove had the Hurst shifter. While I didn't have too much trouble shifting through the gears, I could tell that if I bought the car, the first thing I would change was the shifter. Every time I went into third I felt like my knuckles were going to go right into the climate control/radio. Definately needs a more positive stop and shorter throw. I really like the features of the pro 5.0, combine that with Lou's short stick and I'd be a happy camper.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                  I LOATHE the stock Hurst shifter. Listen to this: With the Hurst, I was either shifting too fast, or too hard for it to keep up... or something. But a couple times when I was getting on it as hard as I could, on the 2-3 upshift, shifting right at redline, this would happen: The shift lever would go into the 3rd position, but the transmission would stay in neutral. I'd get back on the gas, but the engine would just rev, nothing would happen. The clutch pedal became useless, and I literally had to use FORCE to RIP the shifter out of the 3rd position and back to neutral. I found out that what I was doing was effectively bending the shift-forks in the transmission... BBAAAAADDDD news. Well, I haven't had this problem with the B&M. I'm not sure yet if it really is a long term solution, or if I just prolonged the inevitable -- a tranny rebuild We shall see... However, the B&M's claims of a shorter throw really don't seem too valid. The shift pattern IS narrower though, 4 to 5 feels just like 2 to 3 now.
                  my 97 CompTA came with the hurst shifter from slp. never ever had any problems what so ever. run Lou's short stick with an MBA CompTA shift knob that John LeBlanc made for me.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I wish I had opted for the Pro 5.0 and the Lou's... That has a much better feel than the B&M

Comment

Nice car Jay....I guess if you like Black, 6-spd, 2002 WS6's
                      NEW: 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
                      1992 Caviler Z24 -Winter car
                      1999 Firebird
                      Ram air hood
                      Full Borla catback exhaust
                      K&N air filter
                      Headers
                      WS6 air box
                      Shift kit
                      Intake

Comment

Originally posted by 99FirebirdGirl
                        Nice car Jay....I guess if you like Black, 6-spd, 2002 WS6's
                        Yeah... we don't know anyone who likes those, do we?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                          Yeah... we don't know anyone who likes those, do we?
                          I'm a Z06 girl myself, but yeah wouldnt exactly mind a WS6
                          NEW: 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
                          1992 Caviler Z24 -Winter car
                          1999 Firebird
                          Ram air hood
                          Full Borla catback exhaust
                          K&N air filter
                          Headers
                          WS6 air box
                          Shift kit
                          Intake

Comment

thought you were a "firebird" girl????????????

thats what yur name say anyway..................

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

You're not a Z06 girl YET

Comment

Working...
                              X