Wish I had Camaro headlights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish I had Camaro headlights

The other day my driver side headlight stopped coming up so I messed with the manual knob. Now it comes up just fine but makes a nasty "tire inflator noise" for a couple seconds after it goes down.

Today I noticed when I turn on the parking lights the headlights pop up but dont turn on. I dont think the two problems are related but by headlights never used to pop up when I just wanted the parking lights on.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
    2001 Intrigue GL

arent the headlights controlled by vacume??? so maybe its something easy to fit?? otherwise it could be an elec problem

Comment

you just need a new gear. Thats it. As far as the headlights going up when the parking lights are on, just unplug you bad headlight motor. That will fix that. Once you get a new gear you will not have any problems.

I don't know way the headlight motors are affected by the parking switch. Kinda odd, but they do. It happend to mine, I am just for the gears now so I have one unpluged so the headlights don't pop up when I lock the car and when I turn my parking lights on.
      2001 Black WS6 6-spd, 47k. stock...I think.

Comment

Anyone know where I can hookup with a new gear? Do they sell'm at parts stores?

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
        2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/index.htm
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

thats were I am ordering mine from.
            2001 Black WS6 6-spd, 47k. stock...I think.

Comment

Did you do the free fix already? If not read at the very bottom of the link above and within 10 min. you got a working headlight with the grinding.

Not a permanent fix but if you don't want to spend the money...

... this ones for you.
              97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
              X