rough running when hot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rough running when hot

whe my 93 formula gets up to 220 f round town it runs very badly on light throttle openings it stutters and misses all most as if it is out of fuel but if i flor the throttle it clears and pulls strongly but as soon as i back off and try to drive as normaly the stuttering comes back any ideas?
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Check to see if your radiator is dirty or clogged. Mine was, and it was causing me to over heat.
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

sounds like you're overheating. I'm new to camaro's but I know when my conquest would overheat, it would confuse the ecu and would cause rough running and idle. 220 sounds hot, I don't think mine runs that hot (it might, I don't pay much attention), and the conquest never goes over 180.

What is normal operating temp for these cars anyway?
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

In the same boat

I am having the same problem... it almost seems like it cant breath / doesnt have enough fuel. When i took it to the track, it even stalled on me (automatic). I have been leaving my AC on low and that seems to help... lets me drive longer before it happens, and keeps the car from getting as hot. At first i thought it was the transmission, but everything was fine with it. Then i tried the thermostat- wasnt that either. Im still trying to diagnose the problem myself. IT does fine untill it gets warm. Ill let you know if i find anything out... PLEASE do the same.

It should be operating under the half way mark... or atleast mine did before this was happeneing (in Vegas). It has a 185-190 (stock) thermostat so it should be running under that.
        99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Its cause by your fans not kicking on until higher temperatures I'm not exactly sure of stock temps but I know one fan kicks on at somewhere in the 220s and the other the 230's you need to either install a manual fan switch or have your pcm tuned. Even with a lower thermostat when you are sitting still there is no air flowing through your radiatior to cool off your coolant and it heats up you need your fans to kick on. The reason it stays cooler with your ac on is because when you turn on your ac it makes one of the fans turn on.
          1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
          X