My old Iroc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My old Iroc

I was digging through my pictures and found these from 2 summers ago. This is the 1988 5.7 Iroc I sold in 2002 to buy a 1994 mustang GT convertible. I got $3,900 for it. It had 88,000 miles on it.

I challenge anyone to find a nicer bright red Iroc 5.7.

Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Wow! That's all I can say about that car! Very clean. It's hard to find clean 3rd gens these days. Very nice!
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Yeah, it was nice. I wouldnt mind taking it for a ride again, for old times sake.

Of course... I would never trade my current car for it.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Definately a beautiful IROC. Reminds me of my 88 GTA with 5.7 I sold last year. Looks like you took good care of it Tracy.
        Dave M
        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I really think that the Iroc was one of the best looking f-bods ever produced. It was bold and aggressive. The rims were perfect. I would never change them, because to me an Iroc doesnt look right without the Iroc rims.

Who can say that about the 4th gen? Salad shooters suck.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
            Salad shooters suck.
            LOL!! Well put! To me, the simple polished aluminum 5 spoke wheels, like on my 97 WS6, are the best. I love simple and understated. A solid black car with the polished aluminum wheels.... nothing looks better to me! But you're right, salad shooters suck. Don't know what GM was thinking there.
            Dave M
            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Beautiful car! You sold that for a mustang??? I would love to have an Iroc one day. They have such a nice stance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary94Z28
                Beautiful car! You sold that for a mustang??? I would love to have an Iroc one day. They have such a nice stance.
                Yeah... My wife wanted a Mustang. I never had a convertible before so I was willing to give it a shot. It wasnt my bag-o-tea so I sold it to get the Z I drive now.
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:

Comment

Definitely in Excellent condition. I like to see older cars that have been well maintained.. Looks Brand New! You can always tell alot about a man, from how well he takes care of his car!

Current Project: 1986 Buick T-type, 71K miles
                  Previous Vehicles:
                  99' M6 Z28
                  98' M6 TA
                  97' Formula
                  96' RS Camaro
                  93' Z28 B4C pckg.

Comment

Very nice. Reminds me of the 89 Iroc we had for a while. I loved that car even though it was only a 305 if I remember right.

That thing would fly and I remember one day the pipe on the way back to the mufflers broke. I loved that sound and I wasn't in a rush to have it fixed. My wife said the dogs would run to the door long before I was in the drive way since they could hear me already down the street. It wasn't in nice a shape as yours was.

My first V8.

Had to sell it when we moved to the states since it wouldn't meet all the standards.
                    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by jspeed97
                      Definitely in Excellent condition. I like to see older cars that have been well maintained.. Looks Brand New! You can always tell alot about a man, from how well he takes care of his car!

It was almost perfect. I owned it from 1998 to 2002. My Dad's cousin (original owner) sold it to me after I sold a 1995 Z28 to get some cash for a house. He kept it covered in his garage nad only drove it twice a year on vacation. It had 50K on it when I bought it... That's 5K/year

I'll see If I have some pictures of the 95. It was a SLP Ultra-Z. SLP actually sponsored that car on powertour 98. It had the hood, rims, exhaust, ramair, white guages....
                      Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:

Comment

Wow nice looking Iroc. I would love to have one someday.
                        Chris

1991 Camaro 3.1 V6 pretty much stock

http://www.cardomain.com/id/clwilson

Comment

Working...
                        X