High gas prices, now bad gas ????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High gas prices, now bad gas ????

As if the high prices aren't enough. Something else to worry about.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor.../sulfur_in_gas
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Yep, its true. My daughters '95 Buick Riviera shows a half to full tank of gas, but my son ran it dry! Happened the begining of May. Here I thought I would need to pull the tank this weekend and replace the sending unit, maybe not.

The gas we got here has too much sulfer, which guickly corrodes the silver contacts in the sending unit. This will effect other models too.

If you have a claim (Buick dealer wants $900) go to:

www.interactclaims.com/shell
    The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

You know, I have had a problem this past week. I filled up, and the needle stuck at or near full for 150 miles! Well, today it finally went down to a bit less than 1/4 and i filled up but the amount i put in was as if it had been on E not 1/4.

I live in alabama and no one around here has heard of this problem. i do not buy Shell gas. Could it be related? The link posted above is for a Shell claim, so could i put one in anyway? I pay cash for gas and do not have a receipt.

The dealer says its at least $600 on an F-Body..... I am sick about this.
      Bruce
      01 Camaro

Comment

Shouldnt people affected be able to sue over this? If they are selling gas that causes damage, shouldnt they be the ones paying to fix peoples cars?? If Mcdonalds sells food that does damage to someones body they get sued... it be the same thing.
        99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Last nite's news showed Kentucky, Louisianna, and Florida as affected states for Shell and Texaco gas. The link I posted above goes for Shell, which is what we have here in Florida.

I was listening to talk radio yesterday afternoon, and if you're in Kentucky, you file through that state's Attorney General's office.

If you're in Alabama, you might as well file a claim, and see what you get back. Obviously, when you pull the sending unit, the corrosion from the sulfer will be evident on the silver contacts.

Don't forget though, that on the F-bodies, we have goofy shaped gas tanks, so the gauge will read full for about a half tank, and fall like a rock for the second half. When mine shows a quater left its really only 1 gallon out of 15.3 gallons.
          The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

Well I do know that I used to be able to go down to just about the "E" line and the Gages light would come on, and I would then fill with almost 14 gal. In fact I was able to drive as much as 14 miles with that light on. Even though we have a funky gas tank it is still very different than before. Yesterday I drove a little over 100 miles and it fell from 3/4 to less than 1/4.....thats not normal.
            Bruce
            01 Camaro

Comment

I haven't had this issue yet, or at least as far as I know, I don't really pay any attention to my gas hand cause it doesn't use gas at all compared to what I'm use to. My old 'bird uses $10 every time I get in it. I feel my camaro (3.4) is the shit when it comes to gas.

By the way 01Y87, what side of town you on? We live in the same place. I work on University Dr. but live on the south end. Maybe I've seen you before. You can't miss my black RAVVEN camaro.

Raven
              Oroan's woman loves her 67' Firebird

Comment

hahaha, i like the spelling of your location

West side here. Near Madison. I probably have seen your car, I have seen a ton of black camaros!
                Bruce
                01 Camaro

Comment

Working...
                X