just got my 97 383!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just got my 97 383!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Im kinda the new guy but I think Im part of the family. Just flew in to dallas from delaware and bought a 97 383 6m t/a. Man this thing has some balls. I want to take it to the track but am a little worried. It still has the stock rear and gears in it. Will that be ok? One other thing, the intake is red. Isnt that an lt4 intake? Anyway I got 27mpg so i was happy. Anyway hope to leave some kill stories later. Thanks see-ya.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Do you know all the details on the motor. Pics!

Comment

the red intake is from the LT4.. that would make sense the dude went with lt4 intake and heads. whats the sellers name......? i might know him......ive been doin this forum since 97

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Sounds like my car. I hope its still in the driveway
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Well the guys name is cory out of joshua tx. I havent got picks yet but there coming. It needs a new paint job and Im gona gut the interior and replace it because it needs it. He showed me the receipts but I left them with him. He is going to send them to me.But is still have what he put in the ad. It has a 400 crank, h-beam rods, comp cam, offset pins, port-polished aluminum heads and intake, hypertech(?) pistons, hooker headers, borla exhaust , ws6 wheels. 1st and 2nd gear seeem pretty strong but 3rd and 4th just keep you pinned in the seat. And the cat is punched out so its pretty loud. oh it is also blue printed what ever that really does. Im not a mechanic so alot of this stuff i dont know if its good or not so thats why Ill probably ask a lot of stupid questions. And it wouldnt start this morning, need a jump. Guess i need a bigger battery. Anyway im hoping to break into the 12's. Its not as nice as some of yours but Ill get there. I spent all day yesterday cleaning it and this may sound a little wierd but talking to it to! Im in love!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current

Comment

well, if its an lt1, than it doesnt have a 400 crank. its an aftermarket stroker crank. they arent hypertech pistons, its hypereutectic pistons (stronger than cast, but not as stong as forged). sounds like you have nice set-up. good luck with it. 12s should be no problem for you.
            96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

So i guess forged is the way to go? What kind of crank should it be? The receipts totaled 4300 dollars. thanks. I bought the car for 7800 and with 87k on itand 6k on the conversion I thought i got a deal. thanks

current

Comment

You stole it. As long as it was done right, youre good to go. If it hasnt broken after 6k, your probably alright for a while.

I bought mine the same way, with alot of the engine work already done. At least the big stuff, like the stroker assembly and heads etc. That was 3 years ago. I am just rebuilding now.

And in regards to your piston question, forged is nice, but hypereutectics are good too - thats whats in mine and ive never had a piston problem even with the nitrous. Have fun with it! Post some pics of the car and the motor!

Comment

Thanks man. Ill try to get them on here if I can figure how to. Maybe Ill get one of the office chicks to do it.

current

Comment

Working...
                  X