Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving for Iraq

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you guys know I will be out of the loop probably starting this Sunday. I got word Monday that I will be Deployed to Iraq for about six months. I just wanted to let everybody on this web site know that your advice and wisdom was very helpful to me and many of the threads were fun and interesting. I'll set up my new email and give that later, but I don't know if I will be able to email. Everybody have fun with your cars and be safe.

Mixedpup
    Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

Hey -- best of luck. keep your flak jacket on and your head down.

See you back on teh board in six months.
    2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

We wish you the best over there and don't listen to the liberals. Oh and we do appreciate your sacrifices for our country.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Be safe dude and thank you for your contributions for our country. God bless you and your family...see you in a few months.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Stay Safe!! My brother is over there now, he is supposed to be coming home on the 16th.

Which branch are you in?
          99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
          93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Don't relax around the civilians. Try to stay on guard for the whole 6 months and come back in one piece.

Comment

Good Luck over there!! I may be following you in about 6 months myself....Don't expect you'll remember, but if you happen to run into a CPT William Jones or CPT Josh Snyder over there tell them Joe Knudson said "Hi!".

Stay sharp and remember there ain't nothing in life that you can't learn from or get something out of........
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD
              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Hey man,

Best of luck, I was just there got back a while ago. It's hot, it's horrible but bring what you can to make it comfortable. The days are long and extremely hot, you get used to the heat pretty fast. Stay alert at all times and best of luck man. Before you know it you'll be back, that's how it seemed with our unit.
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                Traded in: 1998 Z28
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Dude, good luck over there, but i doubt you'll need it. I heard those damn iraquis have $hit aim, but ya know, be careful, and thanks for fighting for us. It means something to all of us...

take care...
                  http://www.hrgarage.cjb.net
                  Wait, you drive a what...

Comment

Thanx!

Thanx for taking a turn in the barrel! I appreciate your duty to country.

You know what to do... come back to us in 6.

see ja!
                    The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

Here's my email overseas:

bobby.l.johnson@us.army.mil

I can't give too many details other than I will most likely be either in Northern or Southern Iraq. I'm a US Army Nurse Corps Officer (66-H M5) most likely working in the Emergency Section of the 21st Combat Support Hospital. They could divy me to a Forward Surgical Team or Forward Support Battalion depending on their needs. Thanks guys for your encouragement and advice.

Cpt Bobby L. Johnson RN
                      Dayton/Kettering, Ohio
                      21st CSH/MEDDAC
                      Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

Comment

Thank you so much!

I can't thank you enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I REALLY appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be looking forward to seeing you back on the board!
                        '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                        '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                        '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                        '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I am sure I can speak for many...... We thank you for your sacrifice and we are honored to have you here with us. Keep your eyes open, your head down, and your spirits up.

Comment

Good luck and find Sadaam for us!
                            There is a 25Mil reward for him or his sons.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Hey

Wish you the best and stay safe over there.

DJ
                              95 Formula LT1 6 Spd

Comment

Working...
                              X