Ouch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch

Just got a 91 in a 55 over memorial day. Just reminded everone to be safe and smart. This will be a crappy summer if my license gets yanked...

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
    Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Were ya in a hurry? Man, that sucks. I've never gotten a ticket for that high over....probably pretty massive fine. I wonder if you can get the ticket deferred?

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

thats considered 'reckless driving"....... good luck man......

whew.........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Nah, no hurry, I was just crusing home on this two lane. Sittin back not pay attention to anything but my exhaust note. He actually pulled me over for going 95 and said he should arrest me for reckless driving. but thankfully he let me off with a 91 since it was memorial day. The parents are not happy... I am 21 but they help with insurance (trying to finish college...then I will take care of them) so they are threatining to make me sell it... God I don't want to.

Live and Learn

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
        Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

When I first got my tranny I said to myself I will never own a non sports car again. I could not get enough of the speed and power. I wasn't going around speeding and racing...Just the feeling of the enigine and the power when you drive is so nice and addicitng. But, after getting a ticket like this and knowing if i get one more I will definitly be suspended, whats the point of me spending so much money on gas and mods. I guess the moral of the story, is to not drive fast and have fun??? any ideas?

Comment

You have 1 way out. This might not work for you though, because 95 is really fast, and even without a speedometer you should had known you were going way too fast.

Break the needle off your speedometer and lay it in the bottom of the cluster.

Take your car to the dealer and have them replace it, then show the judge the receipt and claim an equipment malfunction.

I got away this way once for a 12 over ticket.... Zero points and $60.00 fine
            I dont speed more than 7 over anymore. I dont even have a radar detector anymore. Not a single ticket since.

Good luck.
            BTW.... shame on you!
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
              You have 1 way out. This might not work for you though, because 95 is really fast, and even without a speedometer you should had known you were going way too fast.

Break the needle off your speedometer and lay it in the bottom of the cluster.

Take your car to the dealer and have them replace it, then show the judge the receipt and claim an equipment malfunction.

I got away this way once for a 12 over ticket.... Zero points and $60.00 fine
              I dont speed more than 7 over anymore. I dont even have a radar detector anymore. Not a single ticket since.

Good luck.
              BTW.... shame on you!

gonna have to be a pretty stoopid judge to buy "i didnt know i was going 91mph...my speedometer is messed up your Honor............"

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I tell you this not to condone the speeding but to try to help you out:

When I was a kid in December of 96 (18 years old) I got nailed in Scottsdale on Pima Road doing 105 in a 45. Barren road, next to an Indian Reservation. I was blatantly pushing my 91 GTA 305, but....that's besides the point.

I pled not guilty, and took it to court. At the pre-trial bargaining, they offered me a $200 ticket and 2 points just to keep it from bogging up the court system, which I wisely took.

It's worth a shot for you. I hope that it works out OK, and remember to watch yourself.
                Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                  gonna have to be a pretty stoopid judge to buy "i didnt know i was going 91mph...my speedometer is messed up your Honor............"

no kidding.. thats why I said it might not work for his situation. LOL. he said he was actaully busted at 95 mph.. oops!

It's time to stand up and take it like a man. It's gunna hurt!
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Riding with a buddy

of mine, he's got a 01 Cobra, we blew pass a county sheriff doing 145 in 45, didn't slow down and the cop didn't even bother. We were lucky, plus the fact we were carrying an extra 600lbs was pretty good.
                    1967 Firebird. Needs a lot of work!
                    1976 Black Trans Am. 400 bb, auto. 75% restored.
                    2001 Black Firebird.
                    2005 Legend Lime Mustang GT, SLP Axleback Loudmouths

"Cars are Like Parachutes, if the Main one fails, pull the reserve out "

Comment

got busted doing 90 in a 55...

went to court

paid 405 bucks ($5 court fee)

5 points and i was on my way...

insurance hiked up 55/month

haven't gotten another one in 2 years and counting...

clinch your teeth and take the pain...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

i'm 19 and i've gotten pulled over more than 15 times either expedition of speed (it was wet )or even going 25 over the speed limit, and three times got caught racing not to the point of 100 plus but cops aren't stupid, and i kid you not i haven't ever recieved one ticket i just give them my license and don't say a word i thought it was funny after the third time but i kept gettin out each ticket, insurance sux i have no wrecks or tickets and i pay $211 a month and i think luck is running out. i haven't been pulled over in over 6 months though.
                        Black 95 z28, 60k miles, 10 spoke SS rims, k&n cai, flowmaster,hypertech 3, 3.42's, running 13.8@ 101 with slicks

Comment

screw em

He was young cop, I was driving back from college and he said he went to the same school. I should have put the pedel to the metal and work that crown vic interceptor. My wavos arn't that big...

Comment

Re: screw em

Originally posted by Blevyou know
                            I should have put the pedel to the metal and work that crown vic interceptor. My wavos arn't that big...
                            Smart move, that would have only put you behind bars. You can't outrun a radio...especially when they've got your tag#.
                            '99 TA M6 (!CAGS), K&N/LS1MS Lid. Still learning as I go.

Comment

where do you live, because i know in some sates they have some different laws as to how to deal with someone speeding that fast. In Georgia it might be 20-30 over, they take your license away no matter what(except like medical reasons like your arm is torn in half from your pet shark), so you can check that
                              -----------------------
                              1994 Camaro
                              -----------------------
                              3.4 SFI
                              Z28 interior
                              Imco Exaust(its okay)
                              Dynotech Racing chip(waste)

-----------------------------
                              1978 Firebird Formula
                              -----------------------------
                              Pontiac 350
                              Turbo 350 Transmission