New York State Inspection Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York State Inspection Results

Hey evryone , its good to be back at the board after a nice long weekend. Anyway, my inspection expired june 1, so i just got back my car from the new inspection. Comparing the number to last year emissions results this years went up. Are these numbers alarming:

Last year: HC 0.21 Co 1.4 NOx o.48

THis year: Hc 0.53 Co 4.9 NOx 0.63

SHould I be concerned, what would casue these numbers to go up? I am not getting the best gas mileage either about 12-14 in the city, over the weekend she managed 16-18 on the highway.

Any input will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
    "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

anyone...
    1993 TA SOLD

Comment

Have you done a GOOD tuneup since last year? Plugs, wires, etc? I would also do a good fuel injection cleaning. If the spray pattern isnt right on the injectors, the fuel might not be atomizing correctly, causing more HC's. Its possible. Also, you may want to look at or just replace the O2 sensors. They may be getting a little lazy. It doesnt take much.....
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Thanks, THe only thing i had replaced was the plugs.
        1993 TA SOLD

Comment

You might want to use a cat cleaner. It's an additive to your gas that cleanses the catalyst. I think I remember it being called "Emissions test passer" or something to the like. Available at your local parts store. It will help get things back to normal.

Comment

i used the emmisons pass stuff and it didnt work for me it did however make my Hyrdro carbons much better but still not good enough to pass but then again my cat is gutted so my bet would be that youll be alright if u use it.

Comment

Originally posted by NJSpeed
              i used the emmisons pass stuff and it didnt work for me it did however make my Hyrdro carbons much better but still not good enough to pass but then again my cat is gutted so my bet would be that youll be alright if u use it.
              The gutted cat is why you didn't pass.

Comment

yea i know but i figured id give it a shot its free to test anyways. Eventually got it threw took it to a shop and they just retarted the timing and leaned out the carb weather it actually passed i dont know they might have just said screw it and pushed me threw

Comment

Working...
                X