My old "Ultra-Z"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My old "Ultra-Z"

Here is a picture a friend of mine emailed me of one of my old cars. The picture was taken at a racetrack during the 1997 Hot Rod Powertour. We actually took it onto the track for a lap, and got yelled at by track employees in gulf carts afterwards. It was worth it.

It is a 1995 a4 Z-28 modified with many SLP add-ons. It had the functional ramair hood, TOTL catback, white faced guages, ZR1 rims and a taller spoiler Wings West. It also had a TB airfiol, underdrive pulleys, 1LE driveshaft and a HPP reprogrammer. Some attourney friend of the family bought it from me when I needed $$ for my first duplex.

I have many good memorys of that car.
    Attached Files
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Nice lookin car. I have never cared for that wing though. Other than that it's a sweet ride.......Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Nice looking car,needs a little paint!!!
      94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Nice Guy
        Nice lookin car. I have never cared for that wing though. Other than that it's a sweet ride.......Later
        I know. What can I say.. I was younger at the time! I would never use a wing that big again.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TimeLord
          Nice looking car,needs a little paint!!!
          I knew you'd like it, timelord. There is something cool about that hood.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:

Comment

I think that the only wing/spoiler that looks right except for the stock one is the newer SS one. The ultra Z hood and the SS spoiler would be a sweet combo IMHO. Maybe someday I will be get around to some appearence mods. Not till I'm faster though

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Nice Guy
              I think that the only wing/spoiler that looks right except for the stock one is the newer SS one. The ultra Z hood and the SS spoiler would be a sweet combo IMHO. Maybe someday I will be get around to some appearence mods. Not till I'm faster though
              I'm pretty happy with the power of my car stock. I'm going to do the ultra Z ramair and the taller SS spoiler sometime when $$ allows. I'd also like a Borla catback.

I'm getting the car to showroom new before I spen more $$ on mods. I ordered a new driver seatcover and door bezel today. Next step is to fix the exhaust leak up near the motor. I'm thinking it is a bad exhaust manifold gasket.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:

Comment

Nice Ultra! I think I have to admit I actually like the spoiler.

Any pics from different angles?

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                  Nice Ultra! I think I have to admit I actually like the spoiler.

Any pics from different angles?
                  On that car the spoiler actually did look good. I've seen it on other cars where it looked crappy.

I'll see if I can dig up more pictures.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:

Comment

Here is a pic of my younger brother posing with it. This is before SLP sponsored it, so it still had a Borla catback on it. It's funny to to see it in the road during the winter. I stored it all winter and decided to fire it up that day for some pictures at the end of the driveway. I pulled it into the street and we snapped some pictures. It went right back into the garage after the pictures.

Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                    X