Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i dreaming?

Hi people,

please tell me if I am hallucinating or dealing with a real phenomenon.

Lately I have noticed that my car is louder. Or "grumbly" as my girl calls it. Along with that it seems to have more seat of the pants power.

I'll tell you about the car. It is a 99' WS6 with 23500 km on it. The only mods are a hurst shifter and K&N filter. Also a few free mods.

The things I have noticed seemed to start righ around 23000 km.

Any inout is appreciated.

Jamie

It's possible as the exhaust system breaks in. My old roommate's TA got louder and I told him so I checked around his muffler and sure enough it was starting to leak around one of the pipes. But it does take a certain amount of break-in for the engine to reach it's maximum efficiency. The LS1's are know to get quicker over time.
    69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
    70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
    2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

this doesnt have to do with anything, but im guessing your canadian?
      http://www.hrgarage.cjb.net
      Wait, you drive a what...

Comment

Canadian? You better believe it.

Above the sixtieth parallel.

Comment

I was gonna say an exhaust leak is possible as well.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Would an exhaust leak account for the apparent increase in power. The new noise seems too low to be exhaust escaping. I will go over it tho. It might be my ticket to a new loudmouth setup i guess.

Comment

went through the entire exhaust system this eve. Does not appear to be any leaks. Certainly sounds healthy and completely intact. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by 09851
                Would an exhaust leak account for the apparent increase in power. The new noise seems too low to be exhaust escaping. I will go over it tho. It might be my ticket to a new loudmouth setup i guess.
                An exhaust leak could mean less restriction, so yes you could see an increase in power... but judging by your last post saying you went over it, that's apparently not the case
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

trick

heres a universal trick.. if ya got some .75" rubber tubbing, put one end to yer ear, and the other to the pipe, thats how we found the exhaust leak in the manifold on the camaro.
                  http://www.sounddomain.com/id/magnetheadz28

Kenwood Krc-335(soon to be HU)]
                  Kenwood Kdc-c669 (soon to be cd changer)
                  Lanzar Vibe 418 (subwoofer amp)
                  Lanzar Vibe 218 (6x9 amp)
                  Subwoofers: bazooka EL1204

Comment

Working...
                  X