Steering Wheel Controls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Wheel Controls

None of my steering wheel controls work. Both light up with the dash lights, but they do not control the radio.

Any ideas?

I just purchased the car a month ago so I do not know if both sides went out at once or if one went before the other.

Is there a way of testing my current switches to determine if the problem is in the switch or somewhere down the line?

I saw where I can purchase new switches for $98.00 per side. Anywhere cheaper?

Thanks for any help!

do you still have the original stereo?
    93 t/a A4 3.23s
    95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
    99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
    99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
    97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
    93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
    00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Yes

Comment

I d say check the fuses.
        I have an Pioneer cd player and I cant hook up the steering wheel controls . I took it all apart and i dont see what can go wrong. Also check if the dark blue wire is connected. there it a nice stereo section at houston f-body, I m not sure if the address is correct
        93 t/a A4 3.23s
        95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
        93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc

Comment

Sorry, I should have said I already checked the fuses.

I will look for that site.

Thanks

Comment

www.houston-f-body.org/tech/monsoon

I hope this helps
            93 t/a A4 3.23s

Comment

Actually, you can hook up the steering wheel controls to an aftermarket radio, as long as the radio has a remote with it. PAC makes an interface package that allows the factory controls to control the same functions on the radio. It's expensive though, and the radio is only about another 12" of reach, so I don't really see the point in it.
              "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

I have my stock radio. While it is a cassette and I will replace it with a CD, my intention was to get an OEM off of e-bay. I don't need a changer, just a single front load factory CD player will be fine.

However, before I do that I want to fix my steering wheel radio controls. They don't work with the factory radio right now. I guess the switches can go bad, but they are $98 a piece to find out.

I want to get the controls working on the steering wheel, then I will deal with the CD player issue.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Working...
                X