X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 T/a on Ebay $$$??

Auction # 2480806893
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2480806893

I'm looking pretty hard at this car. Does the Buy it now price seem reasonable?
    Austin Schroeger
    Looking to Buy 1994-97 F-Body

for 9k it better be almost a show room kinda car...this one is deff not..although it does have fairly low miles

but then again the miles and the condition of the floor mats aswell as the dust and seat tear lead me to belive that the miles it DOES have were not the easiest miles

if it were me id move on and look for a better deal

Comment

CARFAX tells a whole different story on this car:

CARFAX extracts follow:

This hatchback has had 4 owners and was owned in Ohio. It was originally registered as a corporate lease vehicle. The leasing company actually owned this vehicle and collected payments from a company, like a bank or firm, until the vehicle was sold or the lease expired. These vehicles are typically used for business purposes.

It was involved in an accident in Ohio that was reported to the police.

--------------

And for a car that was NEVER driven in the winter, it is funny how the ACCIDENT occured in the winter (January!)
      1995 Chevy Camaro, V6, 5-spd Manual - Looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor :-)

Comment

Car-fax report

This is why this forum rocks! Guys like this looking out for a guy like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Austin Schroeger

Comment

I would try to find a car closer to your location. This way you can go check it out first hand before you commit. The terms seem weird too. No offense, but who lives in a neighborhood like shown in the picture and doesn't have $400.00 to pay off the loan??? Maybe the best time to buy is later this fall when people up north want to sell prior to winter storage. Best of luck
          2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
          buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
          Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

Found another on AutoTrader.com

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r=&cardist=645

This place is asking $7900.00 for a '97. This seems reasonable....
            Austin Schroeger

Comment

Re: Found another on AutoTrader.com

Originally posted by aschroeger
              http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r=&cardist=645

This place is asking $7900.00 for a '97. This seems reasonable....
              Ask for close up pictures of the seats and rims and motor. Ask about leaks in the oil and exhaust. Offer $1200 less than they are asking, and work up in $300 increments if you decide to buy.

I like the black ZR1 rims! Nice looking car!
              I noticed there are no floormats. I bet they were dirty so the dealer tossed them out. Ask about the carpet to make sure it is ok.

Is that a T/A or a formula? I dont think it is a T/A.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I agree with Trace. Get some photos of the motor and have them disclose any mechanical problems. I noticed they changed to 98+ taillights Run a carfax to expose any bugs.
                Other than that it looks like a good deal to me. Maybe someone in VA can check it out for you.
                2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
                buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
                Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

could just be the photo for the second one, but it seems like the front bumper cover is not the same tone of black as the rest of the car is. Could be me or the photo, but i would ask for more pictures.
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                  Traded in: 1998 Z28
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Originally posted by tclelland
                    I agree with Trace. Get some photos of the motor and have them disclose any mechanical problems. I noticed they changed to 98+ taillights Run a carfax to expose any bugs.
                    Other than that it looks like a good deal to me. Maybe someone in VA can check it out for you.
                    nice catch on the tail lights. can someone run a carfax on it?
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:
                    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

well.

carfax was already run up above...
                      NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
                      (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

carfax

Actually, that car-fax was from the other T/A.. They are referring to the Formula with the black rims
                        Austin Schroeger

Comment

oh

DOH didn't see the other link...sorry
                          NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
                          (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

CARFAX

CARFAX report available at http://www.carcare101.com/carfax/2G2FV22P1V2231355.pdf. Hope this helps you make an informed buying decision.

Rob
                            1995 Chevy Camaro, V6, 5-spd Manual - Looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor :-)

Comment

Re: CARFAX

Originally posted by rstinnett
                              CARFAX report available at http://www.carcare101.com/carfax/2G2FV22P1V2231355.pdf. Hope this helps you make an informed buying decision.

Rob

Thanks for posting that! It looks good so far.
                              Tracy
                              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                              Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                              X