Drivetrain Noise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivetrain Noise

I was wondering if anyone has expierienced this before. First I have an A4. When I am at highway speeds and I give it some light throttle, there is a loud clunking sound when the power finally hits. The downshift occurs and there is a clunk or bang under the car. OK here is the weird part, it doesnt happen at normal driving speed or spirited romps around town, only at highway speed at the downshift. I have a shift kit and it shifts super fast and I just broke my second tranny mount and had a new super hard rubber one installed(Supsension Tech or something like that). Wondering if this is the cause as I am not used to the new mount but it wasnt like this when it was first installed. Im stumped and wont get under the car untill this weekend. My next option is taking the shift kit out and going to stage l. Sorry for the long post and thanks for the help.
    97 SS #C007
    Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
    SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

check exhaust alignment? look under the car for any signs of contact between two components..if not...at least you narrowed it down to drive train.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Thanks for the Wolfman. I know that it is definetly not the exhaust, it seems to be like some kind of "slack" so to speak somewhere. I will investigate it this weekend, I was just wondering if someone else had the same problem. thanks.
      97 SS #C007
      Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
      SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Working...
      X